Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Publish 397

• [header]GMod in general[/header]

• Added a random text ticker. This will cycle useful or informative messages in the chat every 3 minutes or so. Some messages will be related to the gamemode you’re playing, some will be related to noxiousnet in general.

• <avatar> is now embedded in the chat box instead of being forcibly attached to your title. So you don’t need to play with items to get your avatar.
      • Admins and moderators now have a flashing (NN) embedded in to their messages instead of their title. Colors are slightly altered to specify different levels. Use /titlereset if your title is screwy.
      • Admins (but not super admins) can now receive title changes from other people.
      • Added /titlereset and /titleclear commands as shortcuts to the two items.
      • Added <strobe rate=#>text</strobe> chat tag.
      • Fixed /givemoney chat command not working.
      • Fixed the punishments editor for admins sometimes getting an error when opening.
      • Fixed slight text tagging miscolor when people with short names join or leave.

[header]Extreme Football Throwdown[/header]

• Fixed drawing ball indicators and some other stuff in the skybox.

[header]Zombie Survival[/header]

• Scoreboard now has proper scrolling.
      • Voice chat is now positional if the two players are near each other.
      • Added a hint for getting back up if a person is feigning death.
      • Fixed the Electro Hammer not being able to be crafted.
      • Fixed undo not triggering phasing mode on some people’s machines.
      • Fixed headcrabs being drawn on the ceiling if they burrowed underground on top of the room you’re in.
      • Fixed feigning death sometimes letting you still walk around or jump. Usually happened after being forced to respawn or being leg/torso gibbed.
      • Fixed breakable brushes becoming red if a human hits them and does no damage (usually due to damage filters).

• [header]GMod in general[/header]

• Added a random text ticker. This will cycle useful or informative messages in the chat every 3 minutes or so. Some messages will be related to the gamemode you’re playing, some will be related to noxiousnet in general.

• <avatar> is now embedded in the chat box instead of being forcibly attached to your title. So you don’t need to play with items to get your avatar.
      • Admins and moderators now have a flashing (NN) embedded in to their messages instead of their title. Colors are slightly altered to specify different levels. Use /titlereset if your title is screwy.
      • Admins (but not super admins) can now receive title changes from other people.
      • Added /titlereset and /titleclear commands as shortcuts to the two items.
      • Added <strobe rate=#>text</strobe> chat tag.
      • Fixed /givemoney chat command not working.
      • Fixed the punishments editor for admins sometimes getting an error when opening.
      • Fixed slight text tagging miscolor when people with short names join or leave.

[header]Zombie Survival[/header]

• Scoreboard now has proper scrolling.
      • Voice chat is now positional if the two players are near each other.
      • Added a hint for getting back up if a person is feigning death.
      • Fixed the Electro Hammer not being able to be crafted.
      • Fixed undo not triggering phasing mode on some people’s machines.
      • Fixed headcrabs being drawn on the ceiling if they burrowed underground on top of the room you’re in.
      • Fixed feigning death sometimes letting you still walk around or jump. Usually happened after being forced to respawn or being leg/torso gibbed.
      • Fixed breakable brushes becoming red if a human hits them and does no damage (usually due to damage filters).

• @JetBoom:

holy dear god thank you

• Nice update. Glad we have electro hammers fixed.

• Glad we’re finally fixing up all the chat issues that arose with Gmod 13. Does this mean we’re getting closer to CSC/lottery etc working?

• no because that’s disabled not broken.

• Why’s that?

• Do you think you could get /admin chat fixed?

• @Shock120:

Do you think you could get /admin chat fixed?

Speaking of chat, could you also bring back the /enterlottery chat messages?

• @StratocasterTB:

Why’s that?

there’s currently no socks module that doesn’t break every update, apparently

Edit: apparently pressing the quote button doesn’t insert the post you’re quoting anymore

• With Charple model finally fixed thanks to MaxofS2D, I would like to see it return as Nightmare.

• Relying on modules for gmod servers is like relying on a car with no fuel meter to start in the morning. It’s going to not work eventually. Then you’re going to have to trudge through problems to either get the source to compile or to wait for someone else to do it. You might say “but you have to fix things every update anyway!” but that’s fine. It’s Lua scripts. I don’t need to do anything that time consuming. It’s annoying but it’s not going to make me sit there for more than 10 minutes.

He edits the headers and screws up functions every update. He basically tests to make sure sandbox starts up and then pushes the update out, dealing with problems later. There is no way he’s going to care about 3rd party modules breaking. It really hurts my head trying to think of a reason for people to use MySQL in their gamemodes when they don’t need to use it, since they break so often. I guess their servers just go offline during those periods.

The only way I have mysql still working is because I have another server taking HTTP requests to do the queries and then send back the results. It’s honestly saved a lot of headaches because HTTP is probably not going to break.

That being said, there’s no trickery I can do to make sockets work without a sockets module. Obviously PHP, ASP and whatever have sockets support. But I’m not going to do that. It would be too resource intensive. Faking it with mysql temp tables would be too much overhead too. …Unless he adds in sockets support. Which honestly wouldn’t be that hard but it’s not something that the average person needs so that’s not happening. And I’m not bothering to have a sockets module crash the server and/or stop working every update. Every thread on facepunch for every one of those modules has people saying the module is crashing their servers at least occasionally.

So that’s why we’re not getting CSC or /admin back until I know there’s a stable module.

• Nice update…. Is third person still bugged?

• Third person is working again.

Users

Topics