Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Unban Job request

• Your BYOND Key: Joshman877
    Your IC name: Mike Morris
    Your job (syndie?): Captain,HoP
    Who banned you: I do not remember but I think it was DocterDrew or someone with a “D”
    Reason provided: For uploading an law to the AI that kills anyone who steals the nuclear activation disk in his Core(I put the disk in his core for safe keeping
    When you were banned: 2/19/13
    Ban length: None- Just a job ban
    Why you think you were banned: For making a AI law that kills
    Why you should be unbanned: I only made that law for protecting the disk from assholes who want to blow up the station and for fucktards who just wanna be dumbasses and try it.

• Your BYOND Key: Joshman877
    Your IC name: Mike Morris
    Your job (syndie?): Captain,HoP
    Who banned you: I do not remember but I think it was DocterDrew or someone with a “D”
    Reason provided: For uploading an law to the AI that kills anyone who steals the nuclear activation disk in his Core(I put the disk in his core for safe keeping
    When you were banned: 2/19/13
    Ban length: None- Just a job ban
    Why you think you were banned: For making a AI law that kills
    Why you should be unbanned: I only made that law for protecting the disk from assholes who want to blow up the station and for fucktards who just wanna be dumbasses and try it.

• the person that banned you was draconic, not me; the reason was ‘stupid fucking law as a non-antag’

if this is really why you were jobbanned then i don’t see the point to it

• Possibly related because the reasoning behind both bans look similar to me: http://www.noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=17167.msg294436#msg294436

It’s possible Draconic was acting on the logic used there, where the person uploading the law was responsible for every innocent death caused.

• it needed a qualifier. use something like ‘anyone identified as syndicates or possessing syndicate gear (e.g. turtleneck, red suit, revolver, c20) can be harmed in protection of the disk’ whereas your law allowed the AI to harm anyone even APPROACHING the upload.

i’ll undo the ban next time you’re on (just remind me), just remember to really really clarify your laws, some AIs will use any loophole to fuck with humans.

• Unbanned.

Users

Topics