Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Limiting the number of people using voice chat at the same time.

• Not sure if this has been suggested or not, but recently a lot of people have been using the mic, and I often find (particular to the ZS server) several people will attempt to talk on the mic at the same time. This Prompts arguments about who was first to speak, who should speak next and also makes people ironically join in on the mic cluster-fuck just to tell them to speak one at a time.

My suggestion: Have a limit on how many people can speak at once, maximum two for example.

• Not sure if this has been suggested or not, but recently a lot of people have been using the mic, and I often find (particular to the ZS server) several people will attempt to talk on the mic at the same time. This Prompts arguments about who was first to speak, who should speak next and also makes people ironically join in on the mic cluster-fuck just to tell them to speak one at a time.

My suggestion: Have a limit on how many people can speak at once, maximum two for example.

• Yeah I second this, as it sometimes gets really hard to speak in voice chat (or listen to it). Also super admins & admins should have priority over other speakers (for obvious reasons).

Maybe diamond/gold members could also have priority over regulars, but that might get abused a bit.

• If the voices are really this annoying I have a few ideas that could help:

• Have a bar that reduces upon someone speaking; if it’s empty the player speaking will not longer be able to speak. The bar would obviously regenerate making it easier for people to talk without having a limit every round.

• If a player has held their mic button down for longer than 10 seconds then instantly prevent them from talking with a cooldown of 10 seconds or something; could help the issue and help towards the prevention of mic spamming.

Just a few ideas I have on the matter.

• I would approve of some kind of limit on voice chat.

• I agree with this.

• I would think that the solution to this is if certain people talk over other people multiple times you give them warnings, and if they don’t listen you voice mute them for a couple of minutes. Jet has said a couple of times before that he isn’t going to limit already put-in-place abilities (especially in the original “should I enable mics” thread) so I don’t see him putting limits on voice chat anytime soon.

• Maybe instead of limiting the max amount of people you can hear you can have their voices fade in and out the closer and further away you get from them.

• @Dot:

Maybe instead of limiting the max amount of people you can hear you can have their voices fade in and out the closer and further away you get from them.

Whats the point, everyone is already grouped up in a barricade.

Maybe admins/mods should crack down harder on the mic pollution, using the microphone is a privilege not a requirement after all.

• On that subject of mic pollution, we have a small number of players who seem to mumble non-stop nonsense for hours. They aren’t doing anything wrong per say as its not spam, but a number of players get irritated and the mute button does not work.

• @C.C:

we have a small number of players who seem to mumble non-stop nonsense for hours.

sorry

Users

Topics