Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Dept. Security Discussion

• With Department Security, I’m curious about how it’s affected the game, especially for antag roles. Use this thread for all dept. security related feedback.

• With Department Security, I’m curious about how it’s affected the game, especially for antag roles. Use this thread for all dept. security related feedback.

• Haven’t really noticed a difference because the ones I have seen don’t even patrol their departments and just run around like normal.

• @Capt19:

Haven’t really noticed a difference because the ones I have seen don’t even patrol their departments and just run around like normal.

this, unfortunately

• @Klayboxx:

this, unfortunately

It’s your job to enforce it.

• I actually had a moment where I called for security in the surgery theatre and the medbay cop showed up at the door. I think its a good system. Still not enough people play security. I dont understand why every security has access to every department tho. They could have just made that dependent on the arm band being worn. You can listen to department chat but not speak into it. Not every checkpoint has a camera monitor. It feels like a rushed update.

• Feels like Britain.

Anyway, like all security measures they’re great if security isn’t shit and completely pointless if they are. To me they seem more like free sec lockers to break into if you’re antag.

• Make it so dept. securities spawn with a killswitch implant which the heads can activate if they leave the area around their department.

Can’t wait for the adminhelps.

• But security needs to leave their department in order to brig people/get geared, as well as deal with crimes outside of the department. Is there sec that spawns in the general security area anymore to deal with crimes around the station?

• @Zetanor:

It’s your job to enforce it.

So what you’re saying is I should take action against security who is doing its job just not in the area they spawned in? That’s a little strict IMO.

• Just have the HoS do his job and assign patrols, assess reported crimes and dispatch units. Jesus.

Users

Topics