Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Job and Ban appeal.

• Your BYOND Key: Cenode
    Your IC name: A.Z.N.A.R
    Your job (syndie?): AI
    Who banned you: zincon
    Reason provided: “Instead of doing your job, you flooded the station with plasma as non-antag…”
    When you were banned: 16:55  GMT+1
    Ban length: 1440 minutes * EDIT: Extended to 7 days.
    Why you think you were banned: Killing the traitor with fire.
    Why you should be unbanned: The reason provided doesn’t represent what really happened, The traitor killed two people, I set up a trap for him and ignited plasma on his room, Yes, I went to some extremes, I acknowledge that, But I didn’t flood the station with plasma as the admin stated, just the room where the antag was.

From my part, lesson learned, I want a second chance.

• Your BYOND Key: Cenode
    Your IC name: A.Z.N.A.R
    Your job (syndie?): AI
    Who banned you: zincon
    Reason provided: “Instead of doing your job, you flooded the station with plasma as non-antag…”
    When you were banned: 16:55  GMT+1
    Ban length: 1440 minutes * EDIT: Extended to 7 days.
    Why you think you were banned: Killing the traitor with fire.
    Why you should be unbanned: The reason provided doesn’t represent what really happened, The traitor killed two people, I set up a trap for him and ignited plasma on his room, Yes, I went to some extremes, I acknowledge that, But I didn’t flood the station with plasma as the admin stated, just the room where the antag was.

From my part, lesson learned, I want a second chance.

• First of all, you was too bussy setting up the atmospherics so you could flood the station to do your job, ignoring human orders and ignoring the traitors on killing spree.
    Then, you lock down one of the traitors and kill them with plasma, breaking “law 1”, blatantly ignoring it.
    And as a result, all the plasma built up in the atmospherics system leaks trought out the station.

I should have banned you for even longer.

• This is what happened. After he job-banned you, I took your job as AI, and surveyed the situation. Most of the station was covered with plasma. I think he should have a week ban.

• @chocolate:

This is what happened. After he job-banned you, I took your job as AI, and surveyed the situation. Most of the station was covered with plasma. I think he should have a week ban.

I didn’t have the chance to stop the gas flow, did you know that?

@Talha:

First of all, you was too bussy setting up the atmospherics so you could flood the station to do your job, ignoring human orders and ignoring the traitors on killing spree.
    Then, you lock down one of the traitors and kill them with plasma, breaking “law 1”, blatantly ignoring it.
    And as a result, all the plasma built up in the atmospherics system leaks trought out the station.

I should have banned you for even longer.

This isn’t entirely true, as I was trying to block the way of the traitor to engineering (With no success, as he could easily break the glass)
    No, I wasn’t ignoring the traitor on a killing spree, You should know that activating the fire alarm doesn’t work against that, even blocking doors isn’t entirely effective.

Yes, I ignored law 1, I lost control and I terminated the traitor.

Right before you banned me (Sigh), I was already cleaning up, I was removing the remaining plasma, and THAT didn’t break any law, as it didn’t injure anyone. (I only had the chance to start replacing air in one section)

Also, What human orders?

• a week ban for filling the entire station with an unbreathable gas, ruining the round for people who didn’t immediately run to internals lockers for oxygen canistes and outright killing those who didn’t get any.

Sure sounds fair to me!

But back to the ban request; were you asked by a head to destroy that particular traitor, or did you just see him holding a traitor item?

Edit: “what human orders” ha ha oh wow.

• @commandhat:

a week ban for filling the entire station with an unbreathable gas, ruining the round for people who didn’t immediately run to internals lockers for oxygen canistes and outright killing those who didn’t get any.

Sure sounds fair to me!

But back to the ban request; were you asked by a head to destroy that particular traitor, or did you just see him holding a traitor item?

Edit: “what human orders” ha ha oh wow.

I personally saw him murder 2 people, nobody told me to kill him, and no one made any order to me, thats why “What human orders?” (Wich appears to be funny to you)

Apart from that, I didn’t intentionally fill the whole station with plasma, that is an outright lie.

• Well, It appears you’ve extended the ban to one full week, I’m gonna state my points once again and hopefully I can make sense into you.

As I’ve already said, I admit breaking law 1, but it’s just that, anything else you’ve thrown in is false, Once again:

*“Flooding the sttation with plasma.”
    False, Only the room the traitor was in was flooded with plasma on purpose, apart from it, two other rooms had plasma on them, on wich I managed to activate “Replace air” on one of them before getting banned, I also cut the flow from the Mix room on atmos before that, so no more plasma could have gotten out, No other except the traitor was harmed, there was no way the plasma could have leaked after that.
    *“Ignoring human orders and the traitors on killing spree.”
    False, No human orders were issued, plus I tried to lock the traitor on a proper place (Dropped the bolts in engineering, he broke through the glass.) Until I locked him in RD office (That’s when I killed him with a plasma fire), There may have been a lack of communication, but that’s because of the rush of the situation.
    *“You was too busy setting up the atmospherics so you could flood the station”
    Not entirely true, as the traitor was breaking out of engineering I decided to trap him elsewhere and kill him with a plasma fire, but my intentions were just to kill that one traitor.

That’s all I have to say, I don’t expect you to do what is fair by now, after what you’ve been saying, The way I see it, the only reasonable reason for the ban is Ignoring law one, as I’ve already admitted I did

Edit: By the way, What is it with extending bans based on a Ban appeal?

• That I was bussy and banned you for shorter time than you deserve.
    Being the AI is one of the most important jobs on the station, and breaking the rules as one is not acceptable.

• don’t be a shit AI and you won’t get banned. Your laws are to be followed, and one week is a standard ban length.

Users

Topics