Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

[Nox] Pick a votemap option you like.

• Not that JetBoom is going to actually change anything, but I was just curious what people think of the votemap system considering we have had it for such a long time.

Also suggest your own ideas if you think these ones are shit.

Edit: I guess I can explain why these are options instead of leaving them up for interpretation. I can skip the first option since that’s self explanatory.

The old timer system was brought up as an option because of, in this example being ZS, many players get bored of the constant playing of regular maps. They want to play objective and zombie escape maps more or so than the normal ZS maps. The issue is that both of these map types end up being played only in the late night or early morning where there are only a few players on (I’m talking about like 10-15 players compared to the 50-60 in EST afternoon) and they all get locked around 6:00 AM or so. It takes up the entire day to play enough maps on the votemap list to unlock every map, and by that point there’s really only 10-15 people. Those maps basically never get played by the actual audience, only those who stay up all night get to play them. Having the timer system would mean it would be possible for any map to be replayed after some point in time. I’m thinking 12 hours would be reasonable because if a map gets locked in the morning, it will be unlocked during the afternoon/night. That’s why I brought back up the timer idea again. The thing that Gumadum said holds true, if it was put back into place 12 hours would be far too long for gamemodes like EFT which have barely any maps. Time would have to be scaled based on how many maps that gamemode has and the average time it takes to play the map in order to be the most effective.

Third option is simple. You can still unlock maps the old way by playing through most of the votemap list to reset it, but now it has the timer idea from above added on to it.

• Not that JetBoom is going to actually change anything, but I was just curious what people think of the votemap system considering we have had it for such a long time.

Also suggest your own ideas if you think these ones are shit.

Edit: I guess I can explain why these are options instead of leaving them up for interpretation. I can skip the first option since that’s self explanatory.

The old timer system was brought up as an option because of, in this example being ZS, many players get bored of the constant playing of regular maps. They want to play objective and zombie escape maps more or so than the normal ZS maps. The issue is that both of these map types end up being played only in the late night or early morning where there are only a few players on (I’m talking about like 10-15 players compared to the 50-60 in EST afternoon) and they all get locked around 6:00 AM or so. It takes up the entire day to play enough maps on the votemap list to unlock every map, and by that point there’s really only 10-15 people. Those maps basically never get played by the actual audience, only those who stay up all night get to play them. Having the timer system would mean it would be possible for any map to be replayed after some point in time. I’m thinking 12 hours would be reasonable because if a map gets locked in the morning, it will be unlocked during the afternoon/night. That’s why I brought back up the timer idea again. The thing that Gumadum said holds true, if it was put back into place 12 hours would be far too long for gamemodes like EFT which have barely any maps. Time would have to be scaled based on how many maps that gamemode has and the average time it takes to play the map in order to be the most effective.

Third option is simple. You can still unlock maps the old way by playing through most of the votemap list to reset it, but now it has the timer idea from above added on to it.

• I’m sure we would all play abandoned mall over and over again if we could  :wacko:

• @ChiRaeDisk:

I’m sure we would all play abandoned mall over and over again if we could  :wacko:

I know the reason why we have the votemap system as it is now is because with the timer system people were just picking maps that they liked while they waited for the timers on maps that were locked. The maps people didn’t like never got played, so that’s why I added the buff/debuff option to see if people liked that idea.

Those two options may need to have changes to them considering that it would probably take something massive for players to either consider playing them over their favorites or avoiding them entirely. With buff’s I was thinking of increased damage or health for zombies and extra point gain for humans. Debuff’s would probably be decreased health for everyone, palsy for both humans/zombies and increased price for items in arsenal crates. Things like that basically.

• What’s the purpose of making people play maps they don’t want to play again?

• Votemap isn’t a ZS thing, it’s a nox thing. So votemap isn’t ever going to change ZS gameplay.

• @JetBoom:

Votemap isn’t a ZS thing, it’s a nox thing. So votemap isn’t ever going to change ZS gameplay.

I guess I’ll remove the 4th and 5th option and change the title to [Nox] since you said that.

• I’d say this is pretty differentiated

• Well the thing is, option 2 would lead to the same thing that happened back in gmod 12, which was all the maps were locked and players could no longer vote, therefore being forced to not vote at all and having the map they got being random. Sure it wouldn’t happen for ZS, but you have to walk away from ZS for a second and look what would happen to the other gamemodes. EFT would have this the worst as it only has like 7 or 8 maps, SMB, RTP and AS:S would all be effected the same as EFT, just not as badly. Finally theater wouldn’t be effected at all because it doesn’t use /votemap.

• @GumADum:

Well the thing is, option 2 would lead to the same thing that happened back in gmod 12, which was all the maps were locked and players could no longer vote, therefore being forced to not vote at all and having the map they got being random. Sure it wouldn’t happen for ZS, but you have to walk away from ZS for a second and look what would happen to the other gamemodes. EFT would have this the worst as it only has like 7 or 8 maps, SMB, RTP and AS:S would all be effected the same as EFT, just not as badly. Finally theater wouldn’t be effected at all because it doesn’t use /votemap.

It wouldn’t happen in ZS yeah, but I know what you are trying to say about the other gamemodes. They would have a smaller list so if all the maps got locked players wouldn’t be able to vote and a random map would be picked instead. The only thing I could think of that would fix the issue is scale the timer to how many maps are in the gamemodes map list. Something like a very long timer for ZS but a very short timer for EFT for example. I guess I’ll add that to Option 2.

• Would be nice to be able to play objective maps more often.

• Didn’t we do one of these not long ago to pick the current system? :wacko:

• what about if after 20 rounds (or whatever) the maps moved back to being partially locked?, and then when voting for partially locked maps maybe the votes get reduced to 50%. eg you have 10 votes and vote for an unlocked map and all 10 count, if you vote for a partially locked map then only 5 count, then after a set amount of time they would move back to being unlocked

• im liking the counter on it . that there also be more objective maps

• The system was changed from a timer because people were just playing the same maps over and over in zs or gamemodes with lots of maps. The current system forces you to play like 70% of the list before you can replay a map. That’s not counting the 2nd time you’re allowed to play when it’s yellow and not red.

• just an idea but what if you vote for a gamemode instead of a map?, such as normal obj or escape then a random map is chosen. After the same gamemode has been played a few times it becomes locked until other gamemodes have been played

• What about have like 5 random maps picked for people to vote?

• The current system is the best system. It’s not an opinion. We’ve done all these before and this system has the best feedback.

Users

Topics