Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Requesting ban for Gunner Sanders

• Your BYOND key: Beamanager
    Your IC name: Gazoo Havin a Giggletits
    The offenders BYOND key (if known): Don’t know
    The offenders ingame name: Gunner Sanders
    Date/Time of incident: Around 11:20 EST PM 2/5/13
    Your story: (screenshots and concise chat log snippets can help)

I start off the round as QM and decide i’m going to try and make a weapons emporium. Anyway, i’ve never done this before but I’ve seen people break open the weapon crates using a sawed off shotgun. So I go to Aleks Dirplin, the bartender, and ask for his shotgun, he says no. I then try and get him to do a trade, I’ll give him a combat shotgun for his shotgun. He agrees, and I take the shotgun to robotics to get it sawn off. After its sawed off I order a weapon crate and a ballistics crate, hack the autolathe, and blow them both open. I call Aleks to cargo to get his shotgun, he comes and I give it to him. Anyway a bit later in the round the HoP, Gunner Sanders, requests me to come to the bridge. I go there, and this is the conversation that follows:

Aleks was indeed a traitor, however I was not. He killed me solely based on the fact that I gave him a gun. After this I observed him and noticed he managed to kill someone else, as well, for no reason.

I believe this was grief because you’re not allowed to order executions as the HoP, and he had no proof I was a traitor aside from the fact that I gave a traitor a gun, when I did not even know he was a traitor.

Thanks

• Your BYOND key: Beamanager
    Your IC name: Gazoo Havin a Giggletits
    The offenders BYOND key (if known): Don’t know
    The offenders ingame name: Gunner Sanders
    Date/Time of incident: Around 11:20 EST PM 2/5/13
    Your story: (screenshots and concise chat log snippets can help)

I start off the round as QM and decide i’m going to try and make a weapons emporium. Anyway, i’ve never done this before but I’ve seen people break open the weapon crates using a sawed off shotgun. So I go to Aleks Dirplin, the bartender, and ask for his shotgun, he says no. I then try and get him to do a trade, I’ll give him a combat shotgun for his shotgun. He agrees, and I take the shotgun to robotics to get it sawn off. After its sawed off I order a weapon crate and a ballistics crate, hack the autolathe, and blow them both open. I call Aleks to cargo to get his shotgun, he comes and I give it to him. Anyway a bit later in the round the HoP, Gunner Sanders, requests me to come to the bridge. I go there, and this is the conversation that follows:

Aleks was indeed a traitor, however I was not. He killed me solely based on the fact that I gave him a gun. After this I observed him and noticed he managed to kill someone else, as well, for no reason.

I believe this was grief because you’re not allowed to order executions as the HoP, and he had no proof I was a traitor aside from the fact that I gave a traitor a gun, when I did not even know he was a traitor.

Thanks

• So you were confirmed to be assisting a known traitor and obtaining weapons by hacking your way into a weapons crate you ordered without approval from a head. Plus, with the escape shuttle just about to depart, you expected a thorough due process. And you don’t believe the Second in Command of the ship had the authority to prevent a possible traitor from completing his objective. Did I get that right?

Try reversing the roles and attempt to decide what you would have done, then let me know what you think.

Also do you really think it was grief; did he go out of his way to specifically make your game unplayable? Do you know what thr word grief actually means.

• @Rover:

So you were confirmed to be assisting a known traitor and obtaining weapons by hacking your way into a weapons crate you ordered without approval from a head. Plus, with the escape shuttle just about to depart, you expected a thorough due process. And you don’t believe the Second in Command of the ship had the authority to prevent a possible traitor from completing his objective. Did I get that right?

Try reversing the roles and attempt to decide what you would have done, then let me know what you think.

Also do you really think it was grief; did he go out of his way to specifically make your game unplayable? Do you know what thr word grief actually means.

He wasn’t a known traitor until the HoP killed him, which was right before he called me to the bridge. Aleks also said him and the captain were metagaming, but I can’t comment on that because I didn’t even see the captain that round. I also never “hacked” my way into a weapons crate, I just simply shot it. I didn’t expect a thorough due process, I expected to be allowed to explain myself, but he took out a gun before I could say another word and started shooting. Also, no, the HoP does not have authority to “prevent a possible traitor from completeing his objective”. You need the Capt’s permission to execute anyone, unless you’re 100% sure that they are a traitor. The HoP had literally no evidence of me being a traitor at all (because I wasn’t one). If the roles were reversed I wouldn’t have done shit. I would see a QM who is selling guns to people, which is perhaps arrestable. Since it was the end of the round, I would probably arrest him and bring him on the shuttle and put him in the shuttle brig. But killing him because he gave out guns to people, and one of them happened to be a traitor? That’s retarded. And yes, I do believe it was grief. Grief for me is when someone does something against the rules (Such as killing as a nonantag without a legit cause).

• IC issue. Another example of glorious disarray provided by ss13. also not grief.

Users

Topics