Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Zombie Escape is pretty much ready

• I added ze_ support. ze_ is a Counter-Strike: Source map type for Zombie Mod. It’s more about running away, doing objectives, or what have you instead of just holding out. There’s a couple hundred of these maps already made. So we’re essentially getting a bunch of objective maps that run classic mode.

The way it works is as follows:

• The number of rounds the map is played for is doubled.
    • Only Classic Zombie.
    • No speed boosts. Everything else is fine.
    • No redeeming.
    • Wave 0 time is reduced to 45 seconds. All players are frozen during this time.
    • 15 seconds before the first wave starts, humans are unfrozen to give them a head start (zombie spawn is usually right near human spawn).
    • Players who join during the game are automatically made in to zombies.
    • Humans have an infinite amount of time to complete the map or get killed trying to do so (unless the map itself has a time limit).
    • Dynamic spawning is enabled and less aggressive when determining how far away you need to be from humans to spawn on someone.
    • Losing condition: no humans remain.
    • Winning condition: This was a bit harder because of the way CS:S rounds work. So what I did was make it so the humans will win if all zombies in the server are dead and have recently been hit for 500+ damage by a trigger_hurt entity. In addition, zombies are forced to respawn.

Zombie Escape map type: http://csszm.gamebanana.com/maps/cats/2471

• I added ze_ support. ze_ is a Counter-Strike: Source map type for Zombie Mod. It’s more about running away, doing objectives, or what have you instead of just holding out. There’s a couple hundred of these maps already made. So we’re essentially getting a bunch of objective maps that run classic mode.

The way it works is as follows:

• The number of rounds the map is played for is doubled.
    • Only Classic Zombie.
    • No speed boosts. Everything else is fine.
    • No redeeming.
    • Wave 0 time is reduced to 45 seconds. All players are frozen during this time.
    • 15 seconds before the first wave starts, humans are unfrozen to give them a head start (zombie spawn is usually right near human spawn).
    • Players who join during the game are automatically made in to zombies.
    • Humans have an infinite amount of time to complete the map or get killed trying to do so (unless the map itself has a time limit).
    • Dynamic spawning is enabled and less aggressive when determining how far away you need to be from humans to spawn on someone.
    • Losing condition: no humans remain.
    • Winning condition: This was a bit harder because of the way CS:S rounds work. So what I did was make it so the humans will win if all zombies in the server are dead and have recently been hit for 500+ damage by a trigger_hurt entity. In addition, zombies are forced to respawn.

Zombie Escape map type: http://csszm.gamebanana.com/maps/cats/2471

• When will we see the first batch on the server?

• Thanks for adding the support, JetBoom. Looking forward to playing on these kinds of maps.

• Wonderful. :)

• Will be nice to see a change of a system, i think zs gets boosts from new types of matches, everyone loves objective maps, could be the same with this.

• Awesome.

I hope the good maps for CS:S will work in gmod.

• yay zombies run eek cheer

• When can we see this implemented?

• Banned

@Pjpg23:

everyone loves objective maps

:bullshit:

• @Kolmio:

:bullshit:

You got that right. Objective maps are bad enough. This escape mode stinks.

• Some photos of our encounter with the fifth kind

• this looks great 8)

• Barring the rough start, I think it’s pretty enjoyable now. I have a lot of maps to test before I put them in. I had to rush test most of them so tell me if any are broken.

• @JetBoom:

Barring the rough start, I think it’s pretty enjoyable now. I have a lot of maps to test before I put them in. I had to rush test most of them so tell me if any are broken.

Not sure if it’s related to zombie escape or not, but I’m zombie every single round (whether I’m sitting in spawn or far ahead of everyone else).

Tried restarting GMod, rejoining - permanent zombie volunteer in the F4 menu isn’t checked. Doesn’t matter what I do, I’m always picked zombie (tested this, about 12+ rounds I’ve been zombie).

Edited:

If a player dies before round start I won’t be a zombie, but otherwise I’m always a zombie.

• You might want to remove ze_Flying_World_v2 for the same reason as ze_grand_boat_escape_day_v4_3. Before the first zombie airboat leaves, any alive zombies get teleported to it and get 15000 hp. If they leave the boat and walk out a bit, then walk back into the boat they get their HP regenerated back to 15000. Once the airboat leaves however any zombies spawned after that get the normal 1000 hp, and the zombies who had 15000 hp will lose it if they die.

Also on that map for some reason some zombies will get different hp settings than other zombies. I got 1280 HP and 1500 HP in two different rounds for some reason.

• I’m enjoying it at this point aside from the fact that bastion is a flaming shitheap of a map.

• I can confirm what CodeBrain said, as I was there for that map this morning. It either needs to be fixed extensively or removed as a whole.

• Why?

• @Tankman:

I can confirm what CodeBrain said, as I was there for that map this morning. It either needs to be fixed extensively or removed as a whole.

Jet already fixed it by removing the 15000 HP trigger. I was wrong in saying removing the map, all that was needed was to remove that one trigger giving the zombies all that health. Since that’s the only part where zombies gain an unfair advantage, there is no reason to remove the map now.

Users

Topics