Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Requesting Jobban for Adaxia

• Your BYOND key: Beamanager
    Your IC name: Jeff Lebenski
    The offenders BYOND key (if known): Adaxia
    The offenders ingame name: Cortana, Adaxia etc.
    Date/Time of incident: 1/25/13 1:30ish AM EST
    Your story: (screenshots and concise chat log snippets can help):
    I’ve had it up to here with Adaxia’s shit as AI. She’s awful, and desperately needs a jobban. No admins were on at the time of what happened, but basically what happened was I signed up as security officer, and went to HoP to get gateway access. He gives me bridge access as well and shit so I can announce about a gateway mission. Apparently it was a rev round. So I get a few people that show up, the basic assistants, miners, docs, etc. We have maybe about 4 people between us. The AI, Adaxia, is notorious for hating when people go on gateway missions, so she says “Do your job, Jeff, or I will shut down the gateway and bolt it.” HoP tells her to fuck off, and the AI immediately shuts down power to the gateway. I hack the APC and disable AI control over it, and the powers back on. Then her engineering cyborg comes and RCD’s a wall where the door is, so we can’t get out. Eventually he undo’s it, and Adaxia starts bitching in OOC about how “Security can’t go on gateway missions and that its against the rules”. A ton of people tell her she’s wrong, that its only heads, and she directs us to the rules page, where nowhere does it say security cant go on gateway missions. She can’t even find the rule herself. Anyway, while I’m arguing in OOC, I hear whacking, and I notice the cyborg has started to beat the shit out of one of the assistants with a crowbar. He’s throwing up blood, but still alive, I go over, flash the borg, and the assistant ends it.

Gateway is finally up and its the beach mission. Welp, fuck that. We leave and apparently the HoP has taken the AI (Adaxia) and carded it, and makes an announcement saying that the AI is carded in the bridge if anyone wants her and to rape her. I go over to the bridge, and the AI’s already gone, apparently Cyahl took her away. As I’m walking by the AI upload I notice she’s put back in to the AI upload, and she says that she has new laws. Wonderful. Time to get some thermite and check her laws.

As I go into chemistry and start to whip up some thermite, the APC is turned off, and telecomms are brought down. I put the APC back on, and make a few more bottles of thermite, she shuts the APC off again, I turn it on and make some more thermite. At this time people are complaining of shocked doors, and apparently the brig hallway doors (above the ss13 sign) have been shocked and have already injured quite a few people. I finally have enough thermite, and as I go to exit chemistry, I’m shocked by the doors. I try to get a wrench from cryo, and I’m firedoored in. I break my way out. Medbay is completely bolted, and the AI is not listening to anything anyone says. I pass by the lower brig hallway doors, and notice people are getting shocked, I help the CE up, and we try to break into EVA to get a toolbox. As we get the toolbox to try and break our way into the bridge (Which has been bolted, shocked, and blast-doored too) the round ends.

It was indeed a rev round, Adaxia was not an antag, and these were her laws:

When I pointed out to her that she basically griefed, she said that since she had law 4, she was allowed to call people non-human, and kill them. She also admitted in trying to kill me. She said that law 4 was a loophole that allowed to her to kill whoever she wanted because it said “at all costs”. I pointed out that she still has to follow laws 1-3, and that law 1 > law 2 > law 3 > law 4 and etc. She called me an idiot and said I should report her, and that she’s already reported me for going through the gateway as security. So here I am, reporting her. She’s been really shitty every time she’s an AI. I can report her for her other cases of shittery as well, but she wants me to report this one so here we are. Thanks for reading

• Your BYOND key: Beamanager
    Your IC name: Jeff Lebenski
    The offenders BYOND key (if known): Adaxia
    The offenders ingame name: Cortana, Adaxia etc.
    Date/Time of incident: 1/25/13 1:30ish AM EST
    Your story: (screenshots and concise chat log snippets can help):
    I’ve had it up to here with Adaxia’s shit as AI. She’s awful, and desperately needs a jobban. No admins were on at the time of what happened, but basically what happened was I signed up as security officer, and went to HoP to get gateway access. He gives me bridge access as well and shit so I can announce about a gateway mission. Apparently it was a rev round. So I get a few people that show up, the basic assistants, miners, docs, etc. We have maybe about 4 people between us. The AI, Adaxia, is notorious for hating when people go on gateway missions, so she says “Do your job, Jeff, or I will shut down the gateway and bolt it.” HoP tells her to fuck off, and the AI immediately shuts down power to the gateway. I hack the APC and disable AI control over it, and the powers back on. Then her engineering cyborg comes and RCD’s a wall where the door is, so we can’t get out. Eventually he undo’s it, and Adaxia starts bitching in OOC about how “Security can’t go on gateway missions and that its against the rules”. A ton of people tell her she’s wrong, that its only heads, and she directs us to the rules page, where nowhere does it say security cant go on gateway missions. She can’t even find the rule herself. Anyway, while I’m arguing in OOC, I hear whacking, and I notice the cyborg has started to beat the shit out of one of the assistants with a crowbar. He’s throwing up blood, but still alive, I go over, flash the borg, and the assistant ends it.

Gateway is finally up and its the beach mission. Welp, fuck that. We leave and apparently the HoP has taken the AI (Adaxia) and carded it, and makes an announcement saying that the AI is carded in the bridge if anyone wants her and to rape her. I go over to the bridge, and the AI’s already gone, apparently Cyahl took her away. As I’m walking by the AI upload I notice she’s put back in to the AI upload, and she says that she has new laws. Wonderful. Time to get some thermite and check her laws.

As I go into chemistry and start to whip up some thermite, the APC is turned off, and telecomms are brought down. I put the APC back on, and make a few more bottles of thermite, she shuts the APC off again, I turn it on and make some more thermite. At this time people are complaining of shocked doors, and apparently the brig hallway doors (above the ss13 sign) have been shocked and have already injured quite a few people. I finally have enough thermite, and as I go to exit chemistry, I’m shocked by the doors. I try to get a wrench from cryo, and I’m firedoored in. I break my way out. Medbay is completely bolted, and the AI is not listening to anything anyone says. I pass by the lower brig hallway doors, and notice people are getting shocked, I help the CE up, and we try to break into EVA to get a toolbox. As we get the toolbox to try and break our way into the bridge (Which has been bolted, shocked, and blast-doored too) the round ends.

It was indeed a rev round, Adaxia was not an antag, and these were her laws:

When I pointed out to her that she basically griefed, she said that since she had law 4, she was allowed to call people non-human, and kill them. She also admitted in trying to kill me. She said that law 4 was a loophole that allowed to her to kill whoever she wanted because it said “at all costs”. I pointed out that she still has to follow laws 1-3, and that law 1 > law 2 > law 3 > law 4 and etc. She called me an idiot and said I should report her, and that she’s already reported me for going through the gateway as security. So here I am, reporting her. She’s been really shitty every time she’s an AI. I can report her for her other cases of shittery as well, but she wants me to report this one so here we are. Thanks for reading

• One big pack of stupid with lies added in. People were dying while you were fucking around with the gateway, so it is well within my Law one right to turn off the power so you have to go and do your job. You can’t just run around as security and leave the station at will. It clearly states in the rules page that you have to delegate your job to someone else before you use the gateway or run around in space. The admins have stated multiple times that heads of staff and security can’t use the gateway until they do that. Not only that, but multiple people agreed with me and even said that admins have said that security can’t use it, so stop lying. In addition the HoP carding me during a rev round that is clearly griffing for a head to do that since I was following all my laws. He was simply helping a friend, which is metagaming, break the rules by using the gateway. Also, I never told my borg to wall you in the gateway room or beat people to death with a crowbar. It isn’t my fault if he breaks his laws, I only told him to wall the gateway itself off so you couldn’t run off to leave people to die. Blaming the AI for what the borg does is stupid.

Telecomms was put down by a random event, admins can check the logs to confirm that. The brig doors were shocked by revs and not myself, he is simply using all instances of shocked doors to say I am a shit AI when he doesn’t have a clue what is going on. Not only that, but he continues to ignore how laws work. He insists law one always overrides every other law, despite the fact people use laws saying XXX isn’t human and must die, or revs aren’t human, ect ect, and no one bitches about that in OOC. My law 4 clearly gives me the power to list shitcurity officers as non-human, since that is well within At all costs. I didn’t harm or disobey anyone other than the shitcurity officer who refused to do his job and instead spent the whole round trying to kill me instead of catching revs.

Everytime this guy signs up for security he runs off into the gateway, usually busting into EVA to steal suits for people as well. And everytime he does this, the same thing happens. I turn off gateway APC so security can arrest him, he gets pissed and tries to kill me, he fails, and he whines about how the mean AI broke its laws even though I was following them.

Simply put: security leaving the station puts humans in harm, since traitors, lings, revs, whatever can go around killing with no one to stop them. I would be breaking my laws if I DIDN’T try and stop him from using the gateway.

And yes, I am very notorious for one thing: I do not tolerate shitcurity as AI. Shitcurity directly results in a threat to the crew, and I will use any loophole or technicality I can to deal with it. If you aren’t shitcurity, you don’t have to worry about it. Stop being shitcurity and this whole problem just goes away.

(P.S. As the post {Edit} above {Edit} shows, public opinion is pretty split about this)

• @Adaxia:

My law 4 clearly gives me the power to list shitcurity officers as non-human, since that is well within At all costs

Law 4 comes below 1-3. If at all costs meant you would have to harm humans then the law should be ignored because it conflicts with 1-3. You cant change who you see as non human at will.  Removing a players human status conflicts with law one by making them vulnerable to and allowing them to come to harm by the AI and borgs.

On another note, we do consider gate use as heads or security to be abandoning their duties, and adaxia was well within their right to deny you access, especially with a revolution going on, although you shouldnt have locked it down completely if it’s just one sec officer.

Every time i join when you two are on all i see is you shiting up the round with your bickering and crying. The next time i see you complaining about or metagrudging without good reason youre getting corgied. probably both of you.

• As an AI, it’s really fucking shitty to just completely shut down the gateway if a few people wanna try an away mission. I get it if a decent portion of the security team wants to go, but if it’s just one guy(who actually has been delegated Bridge and Gateway access) then there’s no reason to shut everything down for everyone just cause “you can’t stand shitcurity”. ESPECIALLY after a head tells you to fuck off. Remember that Law 2 thing?

Also, as you can read here, the laws do have priority in a descending order- Law 1 must be followed above all others. So that Law 4 does not make anyone non-human.

I understand you simply didn’t know that was an actual rule, but shutting down stuff and being a huge dick to people who want to have fun is fucking duuummbb. It’s hardly “shitcurity” if it’s just some guy and a few other people who have unimportant jobs.

Not gonna jobban you because you didn’t know about some rules, but this cyborg you both mentioned will be.

• Shitcurtiy isn’t a thing. Its not a job, antagonist or role on the station at all. You had the power to do nothing with that law.

• The gateway exists for a reason, don’t abuse the laws just so that you can just shit on some poor guys parade.

Users

Topics