Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

[ZS] Devourer Boss Zombie

• It’s a boss zombie with moderate health that uses a tongue / detachable claw of some sort to drag humans to itself. It deals moderate damage on attack (no more than a normal zombie) but has a permanent poison cloud aura that damages and slows humans that are very close to it (it’s kind of like the zombie spawn gases). The point of this boss zombie is to pick off loners and humans that are outside of barricades. Most of the other boss zombies specialize in attacking barricades so this boss would fill in that gap.

• It’s a boss zombie with moderate health that uses a tongue / detachable claw of some sort to drag humans to itself. It deals moderate damage on attack (no more than a normal zombie) but has a permanent poison cloud aura that damages and slows humans that are very close to it (it’s kind of like the zombie spawn gases). The point of this boss zombie is to pick off loners and humans that are outside of barricades. Most of the other boss zombies specialize in attacking barricades so this boss would fill in that gap.

• I like this idea.

• Thats what fast zombies are for

• Yoshi with flatulence.

• wouldn’t humans simply run into the cade once they discover devourer has risen?

• I like the idea, but most of the time, the majority of the humans are behind a barricade. Also, headcrabs and fast zombies already do an excellent job at killing anyone not behind a barricade. I’d honestly rather a boss with an effective aoe attack for taking down barricades. Bonemesh doesn’t count because the bone ball has a tiny radius and does very little damage.

• Then perhaps the hook can drag humans out of the barricade?

• @Skirdge:

Then perhaps the hook can drag humans out of the barricade?

I like that more, it would pose a threat to humans and the ones who just go into the corner of the cade would make zombies do more damage because they will be receiving less damage. It would certainly increase the difficulty, and it would be way better than Shade, that’s for sure.

• Giant chem zombie boss, breathes a massive cloud of  poison gas over the barricade and humans, explodes into a cloud of gas when it dies.

• @DR.:

Giant chem zombie boss, breathes a massive cloud of  poison gas over the barricade and humans, explodes into a cloud of gas when it dies.

also heals zombies (except ghouls, bloats, poison headcrabs, poison zombies)

• @Skirdge:

Then perhaps the hook can drag humans out of the barricade?

Someone’s been enjoying pudge lately.

• @CoffeeMug:

also heals zombies (except ghouls, bloats, poison headcrabs, poison zombies)

I rather prefer Healing all zombie classes and also bosses.

• I still want a boss zombie that picks up and throws other zombies.

• Catapult Arm Zombie.  We need animal zombies.  I’m pretty sure a fair amount of birds, deer, and goats were infected in the zombie apocalypse.

• @ChiRaeDisk:

Catapult Arm Zombie.  We need animal zombies.  I’m pretty sure a fair amount of birds, deer, and goats were infected in the zombie apocalypse.

Wolfs?

I’ve seen that in zombie movies.

• @DrunkenOrc:

I still want a boss zombie that picks up and throws other zombies.

That would be a better use for the Shade.

• @Shock120:

That would be a better use for the Shade.

That could work.

Think of the possibilities; throw at cades to damage them, throw at humans to stun/slow them, throw at skycades to wreck them, or even toss zombies across gaps or onto high places to reach cades faster.

• @DrunkenOrc:

That could work.

Think of the possibilities; throw at cades to damage them, throw at humans to stun/slow them, throw at skycades to wreck them, or even toss zombies across gaps or onto high places to reach cades faster.

More like throwing them away and out of the way to get my props into the cade.

Users

Topics