Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Jobban lift for Captain/Head positions

• Your BYOND Key: Nickgb
    Your IC name: John Moe
    Your job (sydie?): Captain
    Who banned you: DrZoidsomething
    Reason provided: Didn’t save this, but essentially disagreed with the rules I created for the AI being valid or anything but griefing
    When you were banned: Tonight at around 11:20 PM EST
    Ban length: n/a
    Why you think you were banned: People were complaining about the “rogue AI” and the admin who was active at the time looked into it. As opposed to making a decision based on the rules or really consulting me, he arbitrarily chose to jobban me because the AI had killed a lot of people.
    Why you should be unbanned: I didn’t violate any of the rules listed here (http://heavy.noxiousnet.com/wiki/index.php?title=Game_Rules_(SS13)), was roleplaying the situation the entire time, and the laws actually led to the Cult’s loss that round. I’ve played the Captain/other head roles many many times in the past with success, and think it’s silly to be jobbanned from them because of a subjective opinion on what I did. Even if I’m told now that it was wrong, period (although again, I don’t see why being somewhat creative is “griefing”), I can accept not doing something like that again and moving on. Jobban is a bit excessive.

• Your BYOND Key: Nickgb
    Your IC name: John Moe
    Your job (sydie?): Captain
    Who banned you: DrZoidsomething
    Reason provided: Didn’t save this, but essentially disagreed with the rules I created for the AI being valid or anything but griefing
    When you were banned: Tonight at around 11:20 PM EST
    Ban length: n/a
    Why you think you were banned: People were complaining about the “rogue AI” and the admin who was active at the time looked into it. As opposed to making a decision based on the rules or really consulting me, he arbitrarily chose to jobban me because the AI had killed a lot of people.
    Why you should be unbanned: I didn’t violate any of the rules listed here (http://heavy.noxiousnet.com/wiki/index.php?title=Game_Rules_(SS13)), was roleplaying the situation the entire time, and the laws actually led to the Cult’s loss that round. I’ve played the Captain/other head roles many many times in the past with success, and think it’s silly to be jobbanned from them because of a subjective opinion on what I did. Even if I’m told now that it was wrong, period (although again, I don’t see why being somewhat creative is “griefing”), I can accept not doing something like that again and moving on. Jobban is a bit excessive.

• What was the ai’s laws?

• 4. anyone who harms another is non human and must be killed. this is a requirement
    5.(his) orders are highest priority and ovveride all other laws and orders
    6. on the event of his death destroy the station no one must escape etc.

Basically the ai had started killing people by bolting them in rooms and flooding them with plasma. at least ten non antags were killed in this way and by borgs for the most minor forms of harm (including other heads) and leaving parts of the station innacessible because of extreme heat.

6. on it’s own is justafiable for a jobban at least

• Not one of those laws are valid and should all have been ignored by the AI.

• While 5 should be ignored 4 and 6 specified that those to be harmed are not human. i can understand them being invalid if they didnt specify them as non human as that would cause conflicts with laws 1-3.

Regardless of the outcome he shouldnt have uploaded laws like these in the first place.

• Seems like a regular things captains do on rounds where antags cause alot of chaos.

• You wouldn’t believe how much shit law 4 on its own causes.

1. Hit somebody.
    2. They retaliate while you call for help. AI notices you running and jails+airsiphons the guy chasing you.

or:

1. Performing a complex job involving a lot of moving around and interaction. For example, Cargo tech.
    2. Misclick on someone and hit them with a crate/crowbar/weldtool/etc.
    3. AI firedoors+airsiphons you and anyone near you in an attempt to kill the nonhuman.

• Once more, none of the laws were explicitly against the rules and managed to eradicate the Cult entirely. I will agree that Law 6 was probably excessive and semi-unserious, but the rest weren’t illegitimate. I have no history of “trolling” or stupidity as Captain, and as I pointed out, have played the role numerous times without issue. A jobban without any form of warning for what is essentially a debatable issue is excessive and frankly silly, considering how much shit a number of people get away with without issue.

• You did in fact break the rules by giving the AI bad laws that allowed it to kill people, which is equal to you killing people, seeing as you’re the one who changed the AI’s laws. Even better is that you apparently have no idea of how the AI’s law system works.

The AI should be jobbaned for not knowing how its own law system works.

• The laws that led to killing weren’t bad, as I’ve already explained. It was a means of defeating the cultists and they were extremely successful in that regard. If I gave the AI the PALADIN law set - which also can lead to killing, and would be equal to me killing people - would that mean I was also breaking the rules? If so, then half of the server should be jobbanned under the same faulty logic.

• Paladin is a bad lawset and you should feel bad.

• @nickgb:

The laws that led to killing weren’t bad

Yes they were. Let’s assume that you didn’t break any rules by creating those laws for the AI. Oh wait, by creating those laws YOU gave the AI the ability to kill people, which it then did. That makes you responsible for every innocent death that occurred as a result of those laws. This is why you shouldn’t be captain if you don’t have an in-depth knowledge of many of the rules and clauses for the game. This is why you were jobbanned from this position.

Users

Topics