Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

[ZS] New kinds of turrets

• This is in response to that other thread that simply suggested a more powerful gun turret. While the usefulness of the turret is debatable, I think there’s a lot of potential to expand on the single model we have now, especially with the crafting system that’s being developed. I was thinking of some new turrets modeled after some of the turrets in RTP.

Stun turret: Fires an electrically charged shotgun round that slows down zombies by 15%, but does not deal any damage. If zombies are grouped together closely, the effect can spread and stun multiple zombies at once. Uses shotgun rounds and can hold up to 100 of them at once. Should use the model of the slow turret from RTP.

Anti-projectile beam: Fires a small laser beam that can shoot and eliminate zombie projectiles including poison headcrab balls, bonemesh bombs and, to a much lesser extent, poison zombies ranged attacks. The turret is less effective against projectiles fired from closeby, due to having less time to “react”. Uses a battery charge, consumes 5% of this charge with each shot. Does not need to be refilled with ammo, instead refills its charge at a rate of 1% every 2 seconds. Can fire at as many projectiles as are shot in its direction, but will obviously consume power faster this way. Think of the old AP tower from RTP.

These are just my ideas, feel free to add more.

• This is in response to that other thread that simply suggested a more powerful gun turret. While the usefulness of the turret is debatable, I think there’s a lot of potential to expand on the single model we have now, especially with the crafting system that’s being developed. I was thinking of some new turrets modeled after some of the turrets in RTP.

Stun turret: Fires an electrically charged shotgun round that slows down zombies by 15%, but does not deal any damage. If zombies are grouped together closely, the effect can spread and stun multiple zombies at once. Uses shotgun rounds and can hold up to 100 of them at once. Should use the model of the slow turret from RTP.

Anti-projectile beam: Fires a small laser beam that can shoot and eliminate zombie projectiles including poison headcrab balls, bonemesh bombs and, to a much lesser extent, poison zombies ranged attacks. The turret is less effective against projectiles fired from closeby, due to having less time to “react”. Uses a battery charge, consumes 5% of this charge with each shot. Does not need to be refilled with ammo, instead refills its charge at a rate of 1% every 2 seconds. Can fire at as many projectiles as are shot in its direction, but will obviously consume power faster this way. Think of the old AP tower from RTP.

These are just my ideas, feel free to add more.

• The last thing we need is more turrets blocking shots and fucking over barricades.

• It’s very possible to add a turret without fucking up the cade if at least 2 people playing have half a brain. With more useful turrets, there will even be incentive to do so.

• There will also be more incentive for retards to spam turrets in detrimental positions.

• True, but the “vote remove” option is there now.

• This turret is more or less inspired by the portal 2 rocket launcher turret that tracks the player and then shoots.

So. This turret would only track in a horizontal line and in an 90* angle in front of itself.
    Once it reaches the angle end it stays there for 2 seconds before going back.

My stats idea: less firerate, less damage, uses pistol ammo.
    Craft recipe: 2 pistols, battery, turret

• There already was a suggestion like that actually, but it was more about weapon modification and stuff. Well you know, like the common sledge hammer + explosive barrel.

But still, I do agree, that would be quite nice IMO. A turret with explosive ammo would be cool, but the explosive ammo should be limited or activatabe/deactivatable so it’s more off limits.

• Explosive turret is an iffy idea. Maybe as a craftable item, but not as something you can buy from the shop.

• Sorry for the double post, but I really wanna keep this idea going. I had another idea for a turret:

“The Flyswatter” - Melee-type “turret” that swings at headcrabs that jump within reach of its attack. Useful for keeping headcrabs out of small holes in barricades that are tough to otherwise patch up. Unlimited ammo, but can’t attack normal zombies and overheats at a rate of 10% per swing. Overheat meter cools down at a rate of 1% per second. May be nice to have the overheat meter displayed where the ammo counter would normally be on the outside of the turret.

• @StratocasterTB:

Sorry for the double post, but I really wanna keep this idea going. I had another idea for a turret:

“The Flyswatter” - Melee-type “turret” that swings at headcrabs that jump within reach of its attack. Useful for keeping headcrabs out of small holes in barricades that are tough to otherwise patch up. Unlimited ammo, but can’t attack normal zombies and overheats at a rate of 10% per swing. Overheat meter cools down at a rate of 1% per second. May be nice to have the overheat meter displayed where the ammo counter would normally be on the outside of the turret.

Don’t see why not actually but sounds odd tho.

My idea: Turret that shoots with shotgun shells. Has it’s area of effect. Say, shoots zombies only at 300 units distance only. Slow shoot speed, big knockback, big damage.

• Nothing wrong with some basic turrets, I was just suggesting some more unique stuff to show there was some actual merit behind this idea.

Users

Topics