Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Frame rate drop issue

• The only map I ever take technical issue with is the Minecraft level. I don’t know how to fix it, but every time I’m playing that level, my frame rate drops drastically. Even the music has to cut out occasionally. The frame rate drop even affects head-to-head challenges, as the frame rate slows down the input recognition for the rapid key input.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

• The only map I ever take technical issue with is the Minecraft level. I don’t know how to fix it, but every time I’m playing that level, my frame rate drops drastically. Even the music has to cut out occasionally. The frame rate drop even affects head-to-head challenges, as the frame rate slows down the input recognition for the rapid key input.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

• Well if you aren’t getting low frame rates in other maps, then it could be something wrong with the map or something that your computer can’t handle.

• Hm. Well, I haven’t heard any complaints from other players about low frame rate, so it could be that my computer can’t handle the minecraft texture pack or something. My comp has and i7 and pretty new, so I don’t understand why my computer can handle left 4 dead 2 but not a simple minecraft map. I’ll have to ask around more to see what the deal is, unless you have an idea.

• In an ironic twist, it is likely caused by the water and lava being cheap dx6 water. For whatever reason, cheap water behaves very strange in gmod.

• Really? Well…not much I can do then, can I? I just have to wait until the water/lava issue is fixed, if that is really the case. Thanks guys. :D

• That map was a dread for me when I had my crappy old computer. Are you just using your CPU’s integrated graphics?

• Yeah, I’m using the stock graphics stuff. By the way, I’m using a Macbook Pro if that would add any needed information.

• ewwwww

• I’m glad I was able to disgust you today with my computer. Mac or PC aside, I guess there isn’t anything I can do from my end without buying something, huh? If anyone has suggestions for a good graphics card for a Macbook pro, then I’m all ears.

• @jackal4563:

I’m glad I was able to disgust you today with my computer. Mac or PC aside, I guess there isn’t anything I can do from my end without buying something, huh? If anyone has suggestions for a good graphics card for a Macbook pro, then I’m all ears.

lol.

Good luck trying to change out the graphics card on a Macbook.

• I will also agree to the fps issue with that map. bloodbowl also reduces my fps. But minecraft fucking rapes it, like unbelievably. i always thought on my old system that it was just my computer trying to handle 50 players on screen. But I have a 2500k and 660ti now, and im dropping to 10 fps

• I have a worse everything then you and I don’t lag.
    I wonder what is causing it.

• Doesn’t look like Multi-core rendering is causing it.

• @Mr.:

Doesn’t look like Multi-core rendering is causing it.

Multi-core rendering is hardly what it is now, it’s just single core, the option is useless.

• Nice to know that I’m not the only one with frame rate issues on this map. I’ve heard from another player I played with recently that only tunnel lags for them. Dunno if thats true, but he claimed it to be.

I don’t expect this to be fixed though. I’m pretty sure I’m on the shit list of the guy that fixes maps and stuff.

• I don’t have any frame rate drop issues in EFT Maps but did you do something incorrectly you have done before 1/8/13 that might caused you the issue?

• @flickenmaste:

lol.

Good luck trying to change out the graphics card on a Macbook.

I think it is pretty easy to do if they have a Thunderbolt connection on their Macbook.

• Yeah im pretty impressed by it

• @CounterCraftz:

I don’t have any frame rate drop issues in EFT Maps but did you do something incorrectly you have done before 1/8/13 that might caused you the issue?

That may be possible. Could I somehow re-download that particular map or something? Maybe something happened when it was downloading the first time.

Users

Topics