Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

[UPDATE]zs_factory_v3

• zs_factory_v3

Tali Zorah (the original map creator), asked me to help improve the map a long time ago. I recently got bored and decided to pick up on the map and make various improvements.

This should give zombies a fair chance since all I see on this map is everyone cading the really long hallway  :biggrin:

New Updated Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cox3903cc0ep2k5

Steam Workshop Link(outdated): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=117020215

Changelist:

• Expanded the warehouse into a garage. This should help with the really long hallway

• Added some cover to the zombie spawn

• The office area has been changed and expanded; so has the window

• Added cubemaps

• Optimized with areaportals

• Added a meeting room

• Changed the settings on the lights so there not as blinding

• The kitchen has been changed as well so its not also a blinding mess

• Some minor brushwork fixes

• Added a 3D skybox

• Decreased light map scale on some textures

• Added some soundscapes to provide ambience

Screenshots(Updated)

• zs_factory_v3

Tali Zorah (the original map creator), asked me to help improve the map a long time ago. I recently got bored and decided to pick up on the map and make various improvements.

This should give zombies a fair chance since all I see on this map is everyone cading the really long hallway  :biggrin:

New Updated Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cox3903cc0ep2k5

Steam Workshop Link(outdated): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=117020215

Changelist:

• Expanded the warehouse into a garage. This should help with the really long hallway

• Added some cover to the zombie spawn

• The office area has been changed and expanded; so has the window

• Added cubemaps

• Optimized with areaportals

• Added a meeting room

• Changed the settings on the lights so there not as blinding

• The kitchen has been changed as well so its not also a blinding mess

• Some minor brushwork fixes

• Added a 3D skybox

• Decreased light map scale on some textures

• Added some soundscapes to provide ambience

Screenshots(Updated)

• Seems like a Nice map.  :biggrin:

• Looks FAR better than  the original, hopefully it won’t be so bad for zombies now.

• Just played around on it and it does look fairly presentable and well made. Did you use a specific compile line for the shadows like the fence inside?

• Decreased lightmap scale.

• Very good lighting.

• @Pufulet:

Just played around on it and it does look fairly presentable and well made. Did you use a specific compile line for the shadows like the fence inside?

Well at first I tried -textureshadows - StaticPropPolys and -StaticPropLighting but that was still giving me the wrong effect. So for the fence I disabled the shadows and did it the old way, making a crisscross pattern with the blocklight texture which gave me the nice lighting effect (light map scale 2). This can also be seen in the office with the blinds. ;)

@Benjy:

Decreased lightmap scale.

Forgot to mention that thanks.  :smile:

• Blinds light effect looks strange when they get destroyed though. Also offtopic but do you know how to completely disable waves and wave timer on an obj map?

• @Pufulet:

Blinds light effect looks strange when they get destroyed though. Also offtopic but do you know how to completely disable waves and wave timer on an obj map?

So here are the settings for my map zs_fortitude:

Basically make a logic_waves entity. Set the wave setting to wave 2. Now Make the outputs like this:

OnWaveStart !self Setwaves -1

OnWaveStart !self SetWaveEnd -1

Note: intro_relay is unrelated to all of this. Its a entity to activate some stuff in my obj map

That should do the trick! Let me know if it works  :biggrin:

• Seems like a good balance of spread out props. Not over-saturated, but not too little eighter.

• UPDATE 2/24/13: Hey guys :3 This is a new version of Factory that is basically a aesthetic and performance fix for b3.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?4ak2l4tz83vkl58

Changelist:

• Fixed textureshadows, static prop lighting, and static prop polys not appearing due to a compile bug

• Added new outside buildings to replace the low res static model

• Removed the office window light

• More Cubemaps

• Did a major remake of the outside area, adding in pine trees and other things

• Added tunnels which replace the black boxes in the cliffs

• Adjusted the bathrooms so that there is enough space for the player and the door

• Fixed some nodraw issues and floating props issues

• Fixed fog color not matching the 3D skybox

new screenshots at the top

• Map looks good but how is the file size 1mb smaller than zs_obj_pharmacy? That’s huge for a small map like this.

• @Pufulet:

Map looks good but how is the file size 1mb smaller than zs_obj_pharmacy? That’s huge for a small map like this.

It’s probably because of the HDR lighting and a couple of expensive custom models I had. There are also a lot of cubemaps and cubemaps take up a lot of space since it’s 6 images per entity. I’ll recompile the map with LDR and remove expensive models. Thanks for the feedback :3

• To make the cubemaps really affect the file size you had to of set them all to 256x256.
    Anyways add some displacements outside with some blend textures to make it look nicer.

• @Sally:

To make the cubemaps really affect the file size you had to of set them all to 256x256.
    Anyways add some displacements outside with some blend textures to make it look nicer.

The large file size is probably the HDR or something then. Also there are already displacements with blend textures outside it’s just hard to see since it’s dark but thanks for the tip

UPDATE: New LDR Map download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cox3903cc0ep2k5

Users

Topics