Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Let's have ideas for cult rounds not being shit.

• Cults. Cults. Cults.

What’s there to say about them?

Quite a few things, really; For instance, it’s the roundtype that takes the absolute longest.
    Cultists are usually incompitent, running around and Cultblading people.
    Cultists are too stupid and don’t convert or look into their runewords and co-operate.
    Etc. Etc…

So, How can we make Cultists more like Cultits, and not Culshits?

• Cults. Cults. Cults.

What’s there to say about them?

Quite a few things, really; For instance, it’s the roundtype that takes the absolute longest.
    Cultists are usually incompitent, running around and Cultblading people.
    Cultists are too stupid and don’t convert or look into their runewords and co-operate.
    Etc. Etc…

So, How can we make Cultists more like Cultits, and not Culshits?

• its fine the way it is, people just don’t know how to be a “good” cultists you nigger.

• you always get one cultist with an important word just milling around, not knowing what their word is, ignoring chat from other cultists, or being afk at the start for whatever reason.

The lack of one cultist increases the round length significantly.

• Best way to be a good cultist, capture some people that are GOOD AT IT and summon NarSie…

• @Shriden:

Best way to be a good cultist, capture some people that are GOOD AT IT and summon NarSie…

the problem is that every one is bad at it.
    I think that cultists should start with more words.

• Me and some guys that played as Cultists actually did well on a round two days ago, everyone was yelling WE DESERVE A MEDAL after we summoned Narsie.

• posted this in the admin board after we had a SECRET RENDEZVOUS or just shooting the shit i can’t remember. these aren’t just my ideas.

cult rounds are stupid. i don’t even understand how they work.

make communication between cultists unlimited. fuck that piece of paper. or make the paper’s COMMUNICATION usage unlimited.
        2/4 cultists start with a tome, leaving their paper useful for other shit
        ‘rune research’ is stupid and confusing. if someone catches a non-cultist and sacrifices them, it should produce a word, no questions asked, not ‘maybe’
        rune scribing is 10s(?). tone down to 5.
        implement that new fucking thing drew concerning sacrifice ffffffff

• @big:

posted this in the admin board after we had a SECRET RENDEZVOUS or just shooting the shit i can’t remember. these aren’t just my ideas.

Yes, yes and yes.
    Especially unlimited communication. Having to type in like two paragraphs once every half hour got annoying.

• There should be some down side to using communication. Like anyone near you can hear you whisper the spell. Does using that spell have a blood cost?

Also for starting words at the moment it seems there is a pool of 4 possible words you can start with (correct me if i’m wrong) and they are blood, join, self and hell. Everything you need to convert people and a bit more. The problem is that you only get 1 of these words, meaning that even with trial and error there are potentially a lot of combinations you have to try just to get convert.

make it so you start with two words out of the pool. Unless that would be too easy to do it solo.

• Yeah it hurts you when you use the communication spell. And i think people can hear you say the rune words.

• They can hear you “whisper something strange”.

Imo it should just be easier to convert people. Not as easy as rev, but somewhere inbetween flashing an entire room then running away and hoping to god you get someone alone so you can stun them and drag them all the way to the nearest maintenance tunnel, and that’s only if your fellow cultists shared their words.

• OR you just know all the words and start making runes… simple, eh.

theres like only 10 of them… converting(join,blood,self,) teleport(or was it blood drain??) rune (travel,blood,self)  technology is one.

so reasearching words aint that important(never played one my self but what I could get from wikis and forums thats only what you
    need to do).

• Word research is the one part of cult that forces the round to go on for 40 minutes before the cultists are able to do anything. This is exacerbated by the players that enable cultist and then sit there saying “what do i do?” and never share their word, ending up either being braindead or giving away the cult by getting caught with their talisman or summoning cult stuff from it and just trying to kill people.

• Well there are idiots that fuck up the secrecy of Nuke and Rev rounds. You’re always going to have to deal with the idiots.

Users

Topics