Good night sweet prince

• RIP TeamPlay 2006-2012.

• RIP TeamPlay 2006-2012.

• Wait, is it not coming back?

• Possibly not.

• This is what I came up with after about 40 mins.

God it’s fucking ugly. I’d like to update it but I just don’t think anyone cares enough besides the 10 or so people that played it. I am converting it.

• Jetboom, most people had the mindset of “this has no players, meh don’t want to play this, going to play zs” and the old gmod server list made it hard to find the server, so naturally it was empty. However, you can see with EFT, it used to never get played but now it usually has 18+ players or so, and SMB is getting a fair amount of players as well. So I would say there would be people interested in playing RTP.

• With GMod 13’s new organised server browser I am sure there would be a surge of new players, as it should have it’s own dedicated section in the server browser and not be sorted by the number of players

• It was truly amazing, unique gameplay and even playable with 4 players.
    I kinda miss it alot. :/

• I remember back in gmod9 the gameplay was so addictive i’d play it almost every day. the only reason i stopped playing is because people stopped joining the server.

• RTP is probably one of the best game modes in Garry’s Mod. Good bye~

• So long you magnificent bastard. RIP in peace.

• So many great memories, it will be missed upon the many who played it…
    …it’s also a shame the newcomers will never get to experience it, assuming it actually is never coming back.

• It is but jet is converting it last, probably not even sure about converting it.

• @Samuel:

With GMod 13’s new organised server browser I am sure there would be a surge of new players, as it should have it’s own dedicated section in the server browser and not be sorted by the number of players

i really doubt that will really help it either, too big of a learn curve for new players.

• I am converting it though. I’m also dumbing down some things.

Each class is getting one weapon and 6 skills bound to the 1-6 keys. Hardcoded.
    You can no longer crouch. At all. I don’t think this will break anything but crouching is one of the dumbest things in this gamemode.
    Vehicle physics reworked.
    Rebalancing. Totally. As in probably removing every class and making ones from scratch. Reworking the way some spells work. Not making any new ones, just rebalancing.

SMB is taking priority right now because it’s up for testing and will be on the workshop in a few days.

• For a second there, I was worried.  Skirdge you evil bastard.

• I was led to believe that it wasn’t being ported due to a mumble conversation and because the board was temporarily made a sub-board of the inactive board.

• I’m still scared of such drastic changes. RIP 10 spells active in a 2 second period.

• How is crouching an issue? The only way I can think to agree is if you are bringing classic building back.

If you are talking about hit boxes and not map movement, try to just change the hitbox.  The game would feel very clunky to people if they could never crouch jump over short walls.

How much extra work is it to update the game to work in Gmod 13, upload this “RTP Classic” to Workshop, then add all your new features and balances?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.