Major gameplay change (maybe) coming

• Administrators

The worst part of ZS is sitting in a room all round waiting for wave 6 to end. Every single map has one, MAYBE two spots that everyone flocks to.

During wave 0 and 1, the game will take samples of human player positions. It will only record positions that:

• Administrators

The worst part of ZS is sitting in a room all round waiting for wave 6 to end. Every single map has one, MAYBE two spots that everyone flocks to.

During wave 0 and 1, the game will take samples of human player positions. It will only record positions that:

• Great to see changes.

• That sounds very fun.

Do you plan to add a Teleporter type object as the escape object? Maybe a door? A teleporter would be pretty universally applicable in terms of not looking strange and out of place.
    (I say that because there are a lot of teleporters in Half-Life.)
    Also, I can see tons of zombies going fast zombie during that wave, so I would see the fast zombie needing a nerf during that wave of some sort, or locking.
    This would be super difficult on small maps, if zombies could just re spawn when you kill them, there is almost no way humans could reach the teleporter, maybe add a zombie respawn delay on this special wave.

Separate idea:
    When you choose to Go or Stay, you have to choose “Go” to win any silver or win at all, (anytime you touch the exit point you are given the same option)
    but the amount of silver you earn is somewhat dependent on the number of other players that make it.
    So people might have some incentive to stay even though they have reached the exit point. (To win more silver)
    Possible a minimum time before they can reactivate the exit, like 5 seconds.

• Humans will get slaughtered if they go outside after a wave 6 if zombies don’t get any nerfs for this. But I definitely think this is an idea worth attempting.

• This sounds like a lot more fun and also makes more sense that the humans all have to escape at the end to survive.

• Administrators

If you’ve ever played Zombies Ate my Neighbors then that’s the kind of door exit I’m thinking about (with graphical updates, of course). Maybe have it so when the door opens it’s like a vortex portal or something. depth buffer, stencil and all that stuff.

• @JetBoom:

• At wave 2, a spot is picked using the sampler system outlined below. Humans and zombies are notified that the spot was made but will not be given the location on their HUD. A special object in the world signifies where the exit point is so both sides have to look for it.

• Touching the exit point means that you as an individual player win. You can choose to stay behind and help your teammates or leave immediately.

So does this mean you could win (as an individual) at wave 2 without having to survive until the the escape sequence?

• Administrators

no it means you’ll know where it will appear.

• Oh okay, thanks!

• @Pufulet:

Humans will get slaughtered if they go outside after a wave 6 if zombies don’t get any nerfs for this. But I definitely think this is an idea worth attempting.

Zombies don’t need nerfs, It’s relatively easy to slip by if you don’t panic like I see most doing.

• Can’t wait for the day when this is added and suitzoom is broken again.

Anyway, it sounds interesting but I wonder how well it will work.
    You’d have to find a balance between the last wave being possible for survivors and zombie being worth something during normal waves.

I also imagine 20 survivor and 20 zombies, what are the chances of getting through your cade safely in the first place.
    Or maybe even more zombies, is there still any chance at all with 50-75% zombies around wave 4.

I also wonder if redeeming should be turned off during the last wave.
    I can see a lot of people being killed during the last wave, so also some people redeeming.
    If they spawn away from the zombies killing the main group, they would just get an easier win.

I also don’t see much people staying around to help others, at this point it’s every man for himself anyway. (even if it’s a choise after you already won)

Either way, it sounds interresting and is probably worth a try, maybe a few maps at first just to try it for a few days/week.

• @CMasta:

Zombies don’t need nerfs, It’s relatively easy to slip by if you don’t panic like I see most doing.

Everyone go fast zombie and start spamming m2 as fast as you can. Use headcrabs to create un-noticed roadblocks!

• Clumsy seems like a much bigger commitment with this.

• This could be pretty cool, but as it has been said, humans would be slaughtered if they go outside at wave 5-6. Maybe some kind of shock grenade that slows movement could be used at a cost? I dunno.

Also, it would be neat if the escape zone could be a helicopter or something, that humans have to defend for maybe 30 seconds or so

• 30 seconds is a long time to be standing in the open at wave 6, making it literally a door like Zombie Ate my Neighbors would make it fit into most maps but if it had collision it would probably be easy to block.

• Yeah basically at the escape sequence, it all should be normal zombies because everyone with 1 hp getting attack by fast headcrabs doesn’t seem fair.

And all zombies should be slayed at the end of wave 6

• My ideas are as follows.
    Extra damage for all weapon types with both knockbacks and maby some form of penetration/piercing.
    A small shot of adrenalin, increase to health and speed and possible increased damage threshold.
    Zombies dont respawn.

Will this gas heal the zombies?
    Will everyone still be visually effected (gasping and the slap effect) or will there be a decrease on this effect?

• @-RjN-:

Will this gas heal the zombies?
    Will everyone still be visually effected (gasping and the slap effect) or will there be a decrease on this effect?

The idea is to have all humans escape by the tine the gas surrounds the map. So there wont be any change in what the gas is/does.

• Best way I can think of is giving humans a short wave break and force all zombies to become normal zombies at the end of wave 6 which has been said. This idea will be interesting to see on maps like zs_villagehouse and other tiny/house maps.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.