Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

TTT no karma loss in self defense

• I always thought the gamemode did this, but apparently I was wrong. This will either be exploitable or help to curb the pointless X rdm’d me threads. Have it so if you are attacked by a teammate, you won’t suffer a karma loss for defending yourself. Basically, if you are shot, you have a small time window in which you can kill the attacker without hurting your own karma.

• I always thought the gamemode did this, but apparently I was wrong. This will either be exploitable or help to curb the pointless X rdm’d me threads. Have it so if you are attacked by a teammate, you won’t suffer a karma loss for defending yourself. Basically, if you are shot, you have a small time window in which you can kill the attacker without hurting your own karma.

• This may be a good solution.
    Currently the karma system doesn’t work, because 2-3 people take turns killing one guy, and by the end of the round, they can gain that karma back.
    Also, it’s not the RDM that makes me mad, but the repeated 30 seconds of play, then death. Over, and over, i just spawn, walk around for 30 seconds, die, then spectate for a minute or 2.

• Everything working as intended.

• NoXiousNet Serious Terrorist RP Server

• @Sontaran:

This may be a good solution.
    Currently the karma system doesn’t work, because 2-3 people take turns killing one guy, and by the end of the round, they can gain that karma back.
    Also, it’s not the RDM that makes me mad, but the repeated 30 seconds of play, then death. Over, and over, i just spawn, walk around for 30 seconds, die, then spectate for a minute or 2.

You could try to be a little less of a target, and more likable.

• Didn’t jetboom just said he had no intention of ever updating TTT?

• He said someone else can do it if they want to if I remember correctly, if someone is interested I’m sure they could PM Jetboom.

• @Pseudohorse:

You could try to be a little less of a target, and more likable.

Yea, I’m trying to change the way i deal with the problem.
    But, idk, i think they only like other trolls, lol. Thats why they stay together in one group. Just my thoughts.

• Please stop shitting all over my thread. Sontaran has his own shit thread. Would my idea work or not?

• @Someone:

Please stop shitting all over my thread. Sontaran has his own shit thread. Would my idea work or not?

……
    -_-
    I said it would work; imo, and just so you know, i gave up on my threads.
    I simply posted my opinion, saying it would work, then i wasn’t going to post on here again.
    Sorry for “shitting” on your thread…
    Sorry for giving you feedback on something i thought was a good idea.

• @Someone:

This will either be exploitable or help to curb the pointless X rdm’d me threads.

How does removing karma losses to the person I’m trying to RDM stop me from RDMing them?
    (Hypothetically speaking of course, since I’ve never RDMed anyone) This is also pointless since a large number of kills are made in one shot.

The current system is fine.

• Someone’s not trying to curb RDM, he’s trying to curb the karma loss for killing someone that was attacking him.
    For example, if you have an innocent on your tail that’s destroyed half the server for absolutely no reason and you’re innocent, turning around and killing the mass murderer behind you that’s actively attacking you shouldn’t penalize you.

• @Sontaran:

This is the point of the game you nigger.

• @thekittyman:

This is the point of the game you nigger.

No, the point of the game is to actually live through the round, kill all traitors if you’re innocent and kill all innocents if you’re traitor.

Why would you think dying 30 seconds in is the point of the game?

• Or you can just join one of the other 200 TTT servers if you’re a serious roleplayer.

• @GumADum:

No, the point of the game is to actually live through the round, kill all traitors if you’re innocent and kill all innocents if you’re traitor.

Why would you think dying 30 seconds in is the point of the game?

Agreed, at least someone has some sense……

• @Sontaran:

Agreed, at least someone has some sense……

I watch you play TTT. You rdm and nlr EVERYONE,  then when people kill you for it, you come on the forums and complain about it. You’re a huge hypocrite. Find a new server to play on.

• @thekittyman:

I watch you play TTT. You rdm and nlr EVERYONE,  then when people kill you for it, you come on the forums and complain about it. You’re a huge hypocrite. Find a new server to play on.

That’s funny because whenever I’ve played with sontaran, he has been pretty much the standard TTT player.  No one really minds him until any of the nox regulars come on and start yelling on the mic that sontaran is the traitor every single round, from which he proceeds to get gang raped by a combination of the nox regulars and the idiots on the server who believe anything that is told to them.  In obvious defense, he will either fight back and lose massive amounts of karma or die before doing anything.

Personally I am fucking sick of this elitist attitude and constant shit all of you guys pull as sontaran isn’t the only person who has been on the receiving end of the nox “regulars”.  You have done this to numerous amounts of different players who, in time, could have become supporters of the nox community and become regulars themselves, but instead wind up leaving and never coming back.  The only reason why you guys are giving sontaran so much crap is because he was one of the few people who went to the forums and presented what he believed was unfair treatment towards him(which he did rather poorly, but that can be attributed to the fact that he had almost no idea on how this community functioned).  So in general what happens is that a group of 10 to 16 random players will be on the server, a group of nox “regulars” will then join and systemically cause 90% of those randoms to leave by killing them off them one by one every single round until they ragequit.  Then the “regulars” see that there is nobody left to troll and all leave as a group, leaving about 3-4 people left in the server, which then empties out a few minutes later because TTT with <8 people is pretty boring.  Pretty much if you don’t like someone then fine you can kill them if you want, but keep your elitist crap to yourselves, because unlike the ZS server, the TTT server can’t reliably get a steady stream of newcomers to populate it, and I would rather prefer that we don’t have dead servers like we did in gmod 10.

edit: and oh look this thread got derailed again.

ONTOPIC: This would be pretty beneficial in playing TTT as recently I have seen lots of people who don’t know how to play that randomly start shooting at anyone they see.  The person on the receiving end of this then usually becomes upset as they have essentially been punished for defending themselves while the person who initiated the fight, depending on the circumstances, may have lost LESS karma than the survivor.

• Ontopic: But JetBoom won’t do shit about a poorly coded game mode that is the 2nd most populated mode other than RP

Offtopic: The problem in TTT nox is usually certain “regulars” that purposely ruin the game by exploiting this mode by RDMing people they call out in mumble or steam chat flushing out people in the server sometimes they are just a dick and start shooting people randomly. I really am tired of certain people calling out other players resulting in a RDM fest half of the time. Either way, we really need some addition of weapons/maps and a better system on this mode. I propose a system if you were supposedly being shot first by someone, you have 3 seconds to do some damage/kill them so you won’t lose karma. If they were innocent, they would be the only losing karma person who shot you , but if they were the Traitor you gain karma.

Users

Topics