Mapping for: Extreme Football Throwdown

• info_player_red: red guys spawn here.
    info_player_blue: blue guys spawn here.
    prop_goal: boring old prop-based goal.
    trigger_goal: the goal you should be using.
    prop_ball: the ball spawns here. It’ll reset after 15 seconds of no one carrying it.

Key values and such:
    trigger_goal
      Key Values
        teamid <1 or 2> - Use 1 for team red or 2 for team blue.
        points <some number> - Number of points scoring in this goal is worth. You can have multiple goals!
        scoretype <bitwise> - 0 = no scoring. 1 = player can run the ball in the trigger. 2 = player can throw the ball in to the trigger. So to allow both types you would use 3.
      Inputs:
        setscoretype <bitwise> - Same as above but as an input.
      Outputs:
        onscore <activator=carrier> <caller=ball> - Called when someone scores on this SPECIFIC brush.

prop_ball
      Outputs:
        onreturnhome
        ondropped <carrier>
        ondroppedbyred <carrier>
        ondroppedbyblue <carrier>
        onthrown <thrower>
        onthrownbyred <thrower>
        onthrownbyblue <thrower>
        onpickedup <picker>
        onpickedupbyred <picker>
        onpickedupbyblue <picker>
    [ondropped and onthrown are NOT called at the same time]
    [onsomething and onsomethingbyred/blue ARE called at the same time]

trigger_abspush
      Key Values:
        enabled 0/1 - Are we enabled? Default is 1.
        starttouchonly 0/1 - Only trigger when the object enters our field. If 0 then the object will be continuously pushed if they’re in the field. If you don’t know what it’s for then it should probably be set to 1.
        overridevelocity 0/1 - Override the object velocity instead of adding to it.
        pushfromorigin 0/1 - Push from the brush origin instead. pushvelocity must be a number if this is set to 1.
        pushplayers 0/1 - Push out players?
        pushball 0/1 - Push the ball?
        pushphysobjects 0/1 - Push physics objects? The ball is also considered a physics object but setting this to 0 will not override pushball.
        pushvelocity <vector or number> - Should be either an absolute vector or a number depending on what pushfromorigin is set as.
      Outputs:
        <none>
      Inputs:
        <all set* versions of our keyvalues>

trigger_knockdown
      Key Values:
        starttouchonly 0/1 - Only trigger when the player enters the brush. Otherwise keep them knocked down as long as they’re inside the brush.
        knockdowntime <seconds> - Time to knock the person down.
      Outputs:
        onknockdown <activator as player> - Called when we knock someone down.
      Inputs:

env_teamsound
      Inputs:
      playtoall <snd>
      playtored <snd>
      playtoblue <snd>
      playtospectators <snd>
    [snd can be either a sound file or in the format soundfile|pitch|volume. For example: mymap/something.wav|200|50 would play mymap/something.wav at double speed and half volume]
    [You can make the sound name play random sounds (built-in logic gates). For example: mymap/something?2|4.wav would play mymap/something2.wav, mymap/something3.wav, or mymap/something4.wav depending on a random dice roll]

logic_teamscore
      Key values:
        enabled <0/1>
      Inputs:
        setenabled <0/1>
      Outputs:
        onscore <activator=carrier> <caller=ball> - Called when ANYONE scores.
        onredscore <activator=carrier> <caller=ball> - Called when red scores.
        onbluescore <activator=carrier> <caller=ball> - Called when blue scores.

You can get the entity used in all Outputs by using !activator as the entity name in your input.

• info_player_red: red guys spawn here.
    info_player_blue: blue guys spawn here.
    prop_goal: boring old prop-based goal.
    trigger_goal: the goal you should be using.
    prop_ball: the ball spawns here. It’ll reset after 15 seconds of no one carrying it.

Key values and such:
    trigger_goal
      Key Values
        teamid <1 or 2> - Use 1 for team red or 2 for team blue.
        points <some number> - Number of points scoring in this goal is worth. You can have multiple goals!
        scoretype <bitwise> - 0 = no scoring. 1 = player can run the ball in the trigger. 2 = player can throw the ball in to the trigger. So to allow both types you would use 3.
      Inputs:
        setscoretype <bitwise> - Same as above but as an input.
      Outputs:
        onscore <activator=carrier> <caller=ball> - Called when someone scores on this SPECIFIC brush.

prop_ball
      Outputs:
        onreturnhome
        ondropped <carrier>
        ondroppedbyred <carrier>
        ondroppedbyblue <carrier>
        onthrown <thrower>
        onthrownbyred <thrower>
        onthrownbyblue <thrower>
        onpickedup <picker>
        onpickedupbyred <picker>
        onpickedupbyblue <picker>
    [ondropped and onthrown are NOT called at the same time]
    [onsomething and onsomethingbyred/blue ARE called at the same time]

trigger_abspush
      Key Values:
        starttouchonly 0/1 - Only trigger when the object enters our field. If 0 then the object will be continuously pushed if they’re in the field. If you don’t know what it’s for then it should probably be set to 1.
        overridevelocity 0/1 - Override the object velocity instead of adding to it.
        pushfromorigin 0/1 - Push from the brush origin instead. pushvelocity must be a number if this is set to 1.
        pushplayers 0/1 - Push out players?
        pushball 0/1 - Push the ball?
        pushphysobjects 0/1 - Push physics objects? The ball is also considered a physics object but setting this to 0 will not override pushball.
        pushvelocity <vector or number> - Should be either an absolute vector or a number depending on what pushfromorigin is set as.
      Outputs:
        <none>
      Inputs:

trigger_knockdown
      Key Values:
        starttouchonly 0/1 - Only trigger when the player enters the brush. Otherwise keep them knocked down as long as they’re inside the brush.
        knockdowntime <seconds> - Time to knock the person down.
      Outputs:
        onknockdown <activator as player> - Called when we knock someone down.
      Inputs:

env_teamsound
      Inputs:
      playtoall <snd>
      playtored <snd>
      playtoblue <snd>
      playtospectators <snd>
    [snd can be either a sound file or in the format soundfile|pitch|volume. For example: mymap/something.wav|200|50 would play mymap/something.wav at double speed and half volume]
    [You can make the sound name play random sounds (built-in logic gates). For example: mymap/something?2|4.wav would play mymap/something2.wav, mymap/something3.wav, or mymap/something4.wav depending on a random dice roll]

logic_teamscore
      Key values:
        enabled <0/1>
      Inputs:
        setenabled <0/1>
      Outputs:
        onscore <activator=carrier> <caller=ball> - Called when ANYONE scores.
        onredscore <activator=carrier> <caller=ball> - Called when red scores.
        onbluescore <activator=carrier> <caller=ball> - Called when blue scores.

You can get the entity used in all Outputs by using !activator as the entity name in your input.

• Have I ever told you how much I love you?

Now all we need to do is have someone that knows what they’re doing make a good fgd file for us all.

• There has been an FGD for nearly a year and it’s been sitting there in the sticky thread, I’ve updated it with the prop_ball outputs.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6184504/NoXiousNet/FGDs/extremefootballthrowdown.fgd

• oh my

Well at least we had someone that knew what they were doing make it.

• Added two entities.

• FGD updated too. Could you also make that game rules entity? To adjust max scores etc.

• I’ll wait until I take fretta out since it depends on that.

• Added env_teamsound and 4 new outputs for prop_ball

• Updated trigger_goal with onscore
    Updated env_teamsound format
    Added logic_teamscore

• Could this be updated sometime so EFT mappers don’t have to fish around for things like ball power ups? I can’t seem to find all the information I need.

• You can take a look in the svn. The entities are all there.

• You can also look in the FGD.

• Is there a quick way to pick up the ball even with nobody on the other team?

If not, can you make it so that you can do it when, say, sv_cheats is set to 1? I can’t drag somebody to help me every time I want to test ball-running speed, powerups, or something like that.

• host a multiplayer server,sv_cheats 1, bot, there you go.

• Are there any special keyvalues for the spawns? I remember seeing in the lua code the ability to remove certain weapons from spawning.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.