Infinity

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCzDKj3hjOE

If you’ve ever played Freelancer by Microsoft, it has nothing on this Engine. It can render thousands of solar systems, cosmic events and stuff no matter where you are in the galaxy. Better than better: it will be an FPS-style system, with no classes, stats, skills, races or any shit like that. Just pure pew pew pew with about 30,000 players+.

If you havn’t seen this engine before, you’re looking at the next-gen of next-gen. This entire engine was done by one person by the way, minus the space station model.

Estimated beta is end of 2007.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCzDKj3hjOE

If you’ve ever played Freelancer by Microsoft, it has nothing on this Engine. It can render thousands of solar systems, cosmic events and stuff no matter where you are in the galaxy. Better than better: it will be an FPS-style system, with no classes, stats, skills, races or any shit like that. Just pure pew pew pew with about 30,000 players+.

If you havn’t seen this engine before, you’re looking at the next-gen of next-gen. This entire engine was done by one person by the way, minus the space station model.

Estimated beta is end of 2007.

• Amazing.  “Expect a galaxy with up to hundreds of billions of worlds. You will not be able to visit them all in your whole lifetime, even if you were to spend only one second per world!”

The programmer is Flavien Brebion.

• Is it open or Internal Beta? I wanna get this :D
    (I think my comp can take the hit lol)

• This thing sounds really awesome but i don’t like the sound of this

Is it possible to walk around your ship or in cities/stations/planets ?

No, this is not planned at the moment. It could add some depth to the gameplay, but would need a lot more resources and in-game content than a small independant team can realistically produce. We prefer to focus on space and planet surfaces and ship-to-ship fights/gameplay. Some vehicles (flying cars, shuttles, etc…) might be added, too.

• Wow you are really stupid.

• What the fuck is so stupid about that. It sucks that you can’t walk around.

• @Darkspider:

What the fuck is so stupid about that. It sucks that you can’t walk around.

And again, you are very, very stupid.

• @JetBoom:

And again, you are very, very stupid.

Ok whatever i can’t fight you or you will just ban me

• lololol, good call.

but ya, that looks pretty sick, all i need now is a better computer  :(

• It’s not a fight, you are just stupid.

• @JetBoom:

It’s not a fight, you are just stupid.

Why am I stupid?

• @Darkspider:

What the fuck is so stupid about that. It sucks that you can’t walk around.

Thats why? Why would you need to walk around. Just cause a game doesn’t let you walk around or doesn’t have orcs or doesn’t have a lvl 48 fireball spell, doesn’t mean its not an MMO. Have you ever played EVE or Auto Assault?

• @Rover:

Thats why? Why would you need to walk around. Just cause a game doesn’t let you walk around or doesn’t have orcs or doesn’t have a lvl 48 fireball spell, doesn’t mean its not an MMO. Have you ever played EVE or Auto Assault?

No, I’ve never played those. I might be thinking its something totally different then it really is.

• @Darkspider:

No, I’ve never played those. I might be thinking its something totally different then it really is.

Yes, yes you are.  :uglylaugh:

• @JetBoom:

Wow you are really stupid.

I agree as jetboom sayed its got FREAKING

PEW PEW PEW

who needs walking, walking is for communists

• This game. Is what I have wanted my whole gaming life. I’ve always wanted a seemingly endless world so play about in. And this is just what I have wanted.

I wish valve could make something like this that doesn’t always break.

• @Rover:

Except this game is FPS and trigger-happy, like Freelancer. It’s not like those generic MMO click-swing-swing-ultra swing-miss-swing-spell-swing-MEGA SWING-swing-miss-swing-kill-loot-repeat games.

• I like the no classes open game play idea but what i was thinking by no walking or whatever was gonna be like this:

clicks a button
    teleports to city
    clicks button
    gets to planet X

maybe im wrong i realize that you control your ship but are you just in the ship when your on a planet and if so how do you do anything in a city?

• You’ll probably be able to land in a city or dock in a spacestation, then be brought to a screen that has a gui that represents a city.

shrug

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.