Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

ZSMVS - Simple Votemap System

• ZSMVS - Simple Votemap System v1.5.0 (Stable BETA)
    For owners who host the ZS gamemode.

SUBSCRIBE THE ADDON HERE or GITHUB VERSION

What it is?
    It’s a ZS Votemap System simplified as of now. It only works if you are hosting a ZS server, not for clientsided “hacks” or replacements. It will automatically get the list of the maps via mapcycle_zombiesurvival.txt or mapcycle.txt or neither.

How to install?
    Just simply subscribe to the addon if you are hosting via listen server. Dedicated servers require a different way to install it, refer here for more info.

CONVARS:

Convar: zsmvs_maplockthreshold
    Description: Percentage in number of maps that required to be played until list refresh.
    Default: 0.25
    Range: 0.01 to 0.99, can be decimals

Convar: zsmvs_svotepower
    Description: Minimum vote power for the players.
    Default: 2
    Range: 0 to #INF

Convar: zsmvs_mvotepower
    Description: Maximum vote power for the players. Set -1 or 0 to disable.
    Default: 100
    Range: -1 to #INF

Convar: zsmvs_votedelay
    Description: Vote delay between votes made by the player, to prevent spam (in seconds).

NOTE: All convars start with the prefix of zsmvs and there’s only like 4 convars as of now.

Extra Info
    This simple votemap system was originally created by Loures for the TTT version. So I’ve deleted half of the un-necessary TTT related crap and recleaned the code a tiny bit.

Fully and heavily tested. Use it at your own risk if having multiple addons (I doubt). No credit needed (See original creator).

Screenies
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/578981395539938322/98C3DD2626A1FC5147A9A7CE0BFBA1A06BE9307A/

1.5 Version (Demo. Re-Design and Map Management)
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6917336/videos/gm_construct 2013-1-31 16-39-51.webm

• ZSMVS - Simple Votemap System v1.5.0 (Stable BETA)
    For owners who host the ZS gamemode.

SUBSCRIBE THE ADDON HERE or GITHUB VERSION

What it is?
    It’s a ZS Votemap System simplified as of now. It only works if you are hosting a ZS server, not for clientsided “hacks” or replacements. It will automatically get the list of the maps via mapcycle_zombiesurvival.txt or mapcycle.txt or neither.

How to install?
    Just simply subscribe to the addon if you are hosting via listen server. Dedicated servers require a different way to install it, refer here for more info.

CONVARS:

Convar: zsmvs_maplockthreshold
    Description: Percentage in number of maps that required to be played until list refresh.
    Default: 0.25
    Range: 0.01 to 0.99, can be decimals

Convar: zsmvs_svotepower
    Description: Minimum vote power for the players.

Convar: zsmvs_mvotepower
    Description: Maximum vote power for the players. Set -1 or 0 to disable.
    Default: 100
    Range: -1 to #INF

Convar: zsmvs_votedelay
    Description: Vote delay between votes made by the player, to prevent spam (in seconds).

NOTE: All convars start with the prefix of zsmvs and there’s only like 4 convars as of now.

Extra Info
    This simple votemap system was originally created by Loures for the TTT version. So I’ve deleted half of the un-necessary TTT related crap and recleaned the code a tiny bit.

Fully and heavily tested. Use it at your own risk if having multiple addons (I doubt). No credit needed (See original creator).

Screenies
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/578981395539938322/98C3DD2626A1FC5147A9A7CE0BFBA1A06BE9307A/

1.5 Version (Demo. Re-Design and Map Management)
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6917336/videos/gm_construct 2013-1-31 16-39-51.webm

• Is this to stop crashing?  Because mine hasn’t crashed for ages anyway.

• No, this is for newly custom made zs servers. It is to replace the map cycle.

• Very nice.

• After a month or two, decided to update this. Made ton of system changes and completely works for GMOD13.

A workshop version will come soon after I think of a way to replace maplist.lua

• Sounds smooth and good.

• Read out mapcycle.txt (based on mapcycle convar). Use net library to send it to clients.

• @JetBoom:

Read out mapcycle.txt (based on mapcycle convar). Use net library to send it to clients.

That’s what I was planning to do with the workshop version. Just not right now.

Not only that, I was also planning to incorporate the new map administration management. So you can edit and manage the maps live.

• 3 months have passed since the last update. This time I decided to comeback and give it some bigger update, starting with the mapvoting redesign.

Considering that uploading addons via workshop now work easier and differently with github and stuff, so I decided to make a github version as for the people who want to maintain beta testing the upcoming 1.5 version.

• I’m loving this map voting system so far. I’m running the github version right now, is there a possibility that the chatbox could be integrated into the voting UI in some form? I know you can just close the mapvote once you’re done, although I don’t think many other people realize that (and it’s nice to keep chatting once the vote screen is up).

Users

Topics