[WIP] zs_manoir_de_perruques

• I’ve almost finished this map, just got a couple of things to do like adding sprites to all the lights and placing a few more props around the hallways etc.

I know, it’s a house map, but I think it has character and potential for zombie survival.

Anyway here are screenshots so you can get the idea of it.

Original reference picture:

View from the driveway:

Kitchen:

Dining room:

Entrance hallway after entering through front door:

Walkways leading to rooms on first floor:

Room 1:

Room 2:

Room 3:

Room 4:

Bathroom: (partial)

Downstairs entrance:

Wine cellar:

Library/study room:

Embalming room/ body preparation:

Entrance to zombie spawn behind the house in side of hill (doors do not close once opened)

Catacombs entrance chamber: (zombie spawn)

I’m Hoping to release this quite soon, so post ideas and possible bugs that you think it might have.

• I’ve almost finished this map, just got a couple of things to do like adding sprites to all the lights and placing a few more props around the hallways etc.

I know, it’s a house map, but I think it has character and potential for zombie survival.

Anyway here are screenshots so you can get the idea of it.

Original reference picture:

View from the driveway:

Kitchen:

Dining room:

Entrance hallway after entering through front door:

Walkways leading to rooms on first floor:

Room 1:

Room 2:

Room 3:

Room 4:

Bathroom: (partial)

Downstairs entrance:

Wine cellar:

Library/study room:

Embalming room/ body preparation:

Entrance to zombie spawn behind the house in side of hill (doors do not close once opened)

Catacombs entrance chamber: (zombie spawn)

I’m Hoping to release this quite soon, so post ideas and possible bugs that you think it might have.

• alright

good outside looks alright for another haunted house

inside is lacking in stuff, add more props

also save face and ditch the deviantart account makes people like you more

• Add certain crypts that need to be protected by humans or they release a certain boss zombie for a short period of time.

Or just crypts that unlock a class early. Force humans to defend the entire house basically.

• The outside looks awesome. Very atmospheric. Well done. Judging from the screenshots the insides could use some more props/decals. In terms of gameplay, ensure zombies have multiple access points into the house on both the bottom and top floors to prevent funneling. Looking forward to this!

• Would be a shame for most of a good looking map to be ignored. Most rounds will likely end up with a vertical bed frame in a room with one door. Modesty has the right idea of how to fix that.

• very good looking

also good avatar

• @drbroly:

The outside looks awesome. Very atmospheric. Well done. Judging from the screenshots the insides could use some more props/decals. In terms of gameplay, ensure zombies have multiple access points into the house on both the bottom and top floors to prevent funneling. Looking forward to this!

Decals! God damn I knew I was forgetting something on the interior.

I’ll make at least one window to every room breakable then. Are func_door_rotatings breakable or nail-able? Because that is the type of door present in the map.

• Looks really nice, especially the lighting. Func_door_rotating brushes from what I seen in maps are both breakable and nailable.

• Why did you call it the manor of wigs?  Do the zombies wear wigs? :ghost:

• Wanted to steer away from the obvious ‘manor of death’ or ‘mansion of the dead’ bullshit, but I couldn’t think of anything so just used part of my username and translated it to french to look fancy :<

Would be funny if all the zombies wore wigs, but meh

• Looks good. More props, and Modesty’s suggestion would make this a good map!

• Removed all func_precip to reduce frames per second loss. Edited using EntSpy (checksum remains the same).
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/ygniw1l4jopm176/zs_manoir_de_perruques_z10.bsp

• Almost 3 years ago, wow. The fact that you guys are keeping these maps updated is pretty awesome.

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.