Dawn of War thread

• http://store.steampowered.com/sale/WarhammerWeekend/?snr=1_41_4__42

~~Darker One and my lovely self are having a Dawn of War tournament with (so far) the original only meaning no expansions

reason why is to encourage as many people to buy it for the tournament and have it equal on the playing field

dorkerone will post a date/time soon, so for now if you’re interested buy/install the game and wait

the one you want to get Dawn of War Gold Edition~~

Only a few of us got the game to play so this thread will just be general discussion of the game.

• http://store.steampowered.com/sale/WarhammerWeekend/?snr=1_41_4__42

~~Darker One and my lovely self are having a Dawn of War tournament with (so far) the original only meaning no expansions

reason why is to encourage as many people to buy it for the tournament and have it equal on the playing field

dorkerone will post a date/time soon, so for now if you’re interested buy/install the game and wait

the one you want to get Dawn of War Gold Edition~~

Only a few of us got the game to play so this thread will just be general discussion of the game.

• We’ll be playing on Gold Edition so make sure you get that one and not the other expansions. This means the available races would be Imperial Guards, Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar and Orks.

Matches will be a simple bracket system of 1v1 with 3 way matches if the numbers are uneven. The winner of each match will advance and the final will be a best of 3.

There’s already the Robot Wars tournament right now so after the 30th there’s going to be a week of prep for you guys to decide which race to play and learn how to play if this is your first time. That puts the first day of the tournament on the July 7th.

• I will probably be able to play, also I vote for dark crusade as an expansion.  Its only another $5 and adds 2 more races, plus by itself is stand-alone, albeit at the cost of only being able to use the 2 new races online.  If enough people decide to get it I’m sure darker one wouldn’t mind switching it to dark crusade.

• Sounds interesting but Takara already knows about my RTS PvP abilities, micro management just goes over my head.

I can’t remember if there’s a way to spectate in game or not cause I do own all of them apart from Soulstorm.

You can put me in the maybe pile I guess and I’ll try practice a bit and see. Playing with a few of you might help me see how others play cause unlike CoH I’ve never played against human players.

• it costs the same to buy the platinum edition which contains both dark crusade as well as the gold edition anyway
    £2.49

• DarkerOne have you gotten better since I last played you?  8)

Also I support having DarkCrusade as the edition we play from. It’s the most balanced for 1v1. Imperial guard are terrible in winter assault

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/447/

• Takara, Doctor Drew and Modesty’s armies duking it out.

• I was naturally space marines in the god-king’s finest colors and managed to fend off necrons and orks for a good set of time until i said fuck it and charged headfirst into drew’s base and took out a monolith before getting squashed

• I use to play dow2 but i got bored of it.

• I had three bases each with 2+ barracks spitting out units faster than either of them could kill. You can’t even see half my forces because they’re infiltrated.

Orks Orks Orks Orks

• You so much as leave modesty for dead with a gretchin squad and this happens.

• I just bought DoW2 pack a few hours ago. I have yet to try it but I’m going to be out of town for the next few days.

• This is the original dawn of war + dark crusade expansion. Not dow2

• Highlight of the evening.

This is what happens after I kill the 5 other players, have control over 90% of the map and Takara is left turtling like a boss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbeJrUvt8Fo

The video is from a spectator viewing on my team in a demo recording.
    If you look at the minimap my units are green, Takaras are red.

I built up an entire base outside of Takara’s fortress along with 6 barracks and 2 Warfactories spitting out nonstop units. I had endless requisition (money).

873 dead orks

The unit at the end is a MadDoc who has temporary invincibility.

• put up a good fight for a bunch of turrets and only a handful of soldiers

• I’m a DoW 2 noob, never played the first one(s) but it looks nuts.

• I’ve never seen that amount of bodies in Dawn of War, nice vid.

• i seriously recommend all of you to buy this game, 4v4 battles would be graphic shit

• Best rts I’ve ever played

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.