Now that we have costumes instead of plain old models…

• …I’ll be accepting designs. You need to make them yourself but don’t worry, it’s actually pretty simple to do! Any well-made designs that make it in will be given to you for free and you’ll be attributed for them. Anyone who buys your item will also net you some Silver!

You’ll need the SWEP constructon kit: http://heavy.noxiousnet.com/swep_construction_kit.zip
    This is a tool to make custom SWEPs but the system it uses is very similar to our costume system. It’s only a few syntax changes to make a design in to a costume.

How to make and submit your design

• First thing you want to do is spawn yourself the weapon in sandbox. You can also type in the console: lua_run Entity(1):Give(“swep_construction_kit”)

• Left click to open the menu.
      • At the top right make sure you toggle third person on. This is the only view we’ll be using.
      • Scroll over to the WModels tab at the top.
      • Add your first model. Name it something simple like “1” or “base”. Set the bone to whatever you want the item to attach to. If it’s a hat, glasses, or something like that then you’ll probably want ValveBiped.Bip01_Head1. Select a model and play around with the sliders and stuff. Make sure when you’re playing with the angles that you align them correctly. Typically you’ll want to be using 0, 90, or 270 when first aligning your model. It’s a good idea to directly type in to the boxes instead of using the sliders since it’s more accurate. You may also select a material and a color for your model. Make sure if you use a material that it’s a model material (inside the models folder).
      • Your costume can have more than one model. If you’re making a hat or something out of multiple models, make sure you’re using base models instead of aligning every piece to a bone. There is a text box called “Relative”. Set this to the first model you created and it’ll be attached to that model instead of a bone on the player. A lot of people aren’t doing this. It saves a lot on performance so if you don’t bother to do it then your costume isn’t being added. You should not have more than one model being relative to a certain bone.
      • You can save your design by going to the Tool tab at the top and pressing Save As. Give it a nice name so you don’t overwrite another design.

I suggest using the breen or citizen model while designing since they have a generic bone structure.

• …I’ll be accepting designs. You need to make them yourself but don’t worry, it’s actually pretty simple to do! Any well-made designs that make it in will be given to you for free and you’ll be attributed for them. Anyone who buys your item will also net you some Silver!

You’ll need the SWEP constructon kit: http://heavy.noxiousnet.com/swep_construction_kit.zip
    This is a tool to make custom SWEPs but the system it uses is very similar to our costume system. It’s only a few syntax changes to make a design in to a costume.

How to make and submit your design

• First thing you want to do is spawn yourself the weapon in sandbox. You can also type in the console: lua_run Entity(1):Give(“swep_construction_kit”)

• Left click to open the menu.
      • At the top right make sure you toggle third person on. This is the only view we’ll be using.
      • Scroll over to the WModels tab at the top.
      • Add your first model. Name it something simple like “1” or “base”. Set the bone to whatever you want the item to attach to. If it’s a hat, glasses, or something like that then you’ll probably want ValveBiped.Bip01_Head1. Select a model and play around with the sliders and stuff. Make sure when you’re playing with the angles that you align them correctly. Typically you’ll want to be using 0, 90, or 270 when first aligning your model. It’s a good idea to directly type in to the boxes instead of using the sliders since it’s more accurate. You may also select a material and a color for your model. Make sure if you use a material that it’s a model material (inside the models folder).
      • Your costume can have more than one model. If you’re making a hat or something out of multiple models, make sure you’re using base models instead of aligning every piece to a bone. There is a text box called “Relative”. Set this to the first model you created and it’ll be attached to that model instead of a bone on the player. A lot of people aren’t doing this. It saves a lot on performance so if you don’t bother to do it then your costume isn’t being added. You should not have more than one model being relative to a certain bone.
      • You can save your design by going to the Tool tab at the top and pressing Save As. Give it a nice name so you don’t overwrite another design.

I suggest using the breen or citizen model while designing since they have a generic bone structure.

• So when does this expire?

• never

• So are there any limitations on what we can make?    i.e. can we do; full suits, pants, shoes?

and as far as models go, what content from other games can be used?

Do all the parts have to be relative to each other?

Rocket Booties

p.s. i’m aware they suck, just testing

• I know it gets suggested often, but if those models were shared… RTP Champions?

Attached.

• Only models allowed are from gmod, hl2, or cs:s. If you have multiple models on the same bone then you should make one relative to the bone and the rest relative to the base model.

• I thought it was a stupid generic thing at first, but then I saw them change around different objects into the weapons and morph them together and I felt complete.

• Attached. Angel uses two props, Devil uses three.

• I’m a bit confused, does this mean we can make full-scale pants, shirts, shoes, etc for characters?

PS, after looking at the (brilliant) angel/devil props above me, maybe now would be a good time to add a second accessory slot?

• I guess you could make those but they’d have to fit for all player models.

• How complex can these be?  I’d like to try bringing over an outfit I made in PAC2, but it’s a bit excessive to say the least.

• That is the most retarded thing i’ve seen

• It’s impressive to say the least.  How many models?

• 34 or something.  A lot.

• Megatron is a little to big to be fighting zombies.

• That puts my pots and pans costume ideda to shame.

• Most I’d say is 10.

• I want clown shoes with clumsy

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.