Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Insane difficulty / JRPG / whatever

• Suggest anything you wanna see done by a pro MLG gamer such as myself. You can also view the twitch.tv recordings at http://www.twitch.tv/jetboom

About

I’ll be streaming mostly games that take insane amounts of skill on the highest difficulty possible. I’ll also be doing some of the more interesting JRPGs, split stream gaming with other streamers, and multiplayer domination. I stream on highest quality possible and will play any game from any generation (except PS3 and 360 since I have no way to stream those). I will not use save states in emulators mid-battle, only to speed up reloading.

Game list
    Check my profile at http://www.twitch.tv/jetboom

• Suggest anything you wanna see done by a pro MLG gamer such as myself. You can also view the twitch.tv recordings at http://www.twitch.tv/jetboom

About

I’ll be streaming mostly games that take insane amounts of skill on the highest difficulty possible. I’ll also be doing some of the more interesting JRPGs, split stream gaming with other streamers, and multiplayer domination. I stream on highest quality possible and will play any game from any generation (except PS3 and 360 since I have no way to stream those). I will not use save states in emulators mid-battle, only to speed up reloading.

Game list
    Check my profile at http://www.twitch.tv/jetboom

• I suggest one or more of the following:

Q.U.B.E
    Psychonauts
    Jamestown
    Bastion
    Recettear: An Item Shop’s Tale
    Bastion
    Pixeljunk Eden
    Nimbus
    Zeno Clash
    Costume Quest
    Dear Esther

• Yesterday we learnt what an orgasmic flame was.

• @Benjy:

Yesterday we learnt what an orgasmic flame was.

I don’t quite catch you

• If you watched the stream then maybe you would.

• Powdering powder.

• Stream some Rayman Origins in a months time, but for now I’d like to see Cave Story + streamed.

• Stream some Final Fantasy 7

• Mana Khemia is hilarious…
    I want to see you play Quake live.

• On a side note, the website can now handle multiple streamers at once. If you have your own twitch.tv account and a stream of good quality then you can put it up on the website.

• I’ll probably stream when I get around to testing the quality of my twitch.tv stream with this connection. Shouldn’t be as awful as the Livestream one.

• I’ve been streaming at 854x480 22KHz sound. Encoding quality 6 on xsplit. Came up to 1000 kbps. Just moved it up to 1280x720, 44KHz, 2096 kbps.

But that’s not the type of ‘quality’ I’m talking about.

• watch me play on three different GBAs as I hunt down every shiny pokemon

• “An excellent livestream”

~Chef Excellence

• We have 5 streamers now. Also went ahead and used the justin.tv API so it’s all automated again.

I’m on Chapter 7/13 of Mana Khemia. I’m going to start playing Muramasa: The Demon Blade tonight on hard mode along side that. Kind of like a beat-em-up with RPG elements. It’s a Vanillaware game so that should be interesting.

• Stream Toribash might be funny to watch

• I’m almost 100% with Muramasa. Every sword collected, all shrines defeated. Only thing left is to get Kisuke’s true ending. Probably the best video game I’ve played in a while. It’s a Wii game at that.

It also has a one-hit-death mode where you effectively have 1HP the entire game. I won’t be doing that, at least not for a while. It got me thinking though that I should stream me playing some other games that have extreme difficulty options or are just hard in general like Muramasa is. Maybe Star Ocean 3 on 4D mode or I could replay God Hand / Devil May Cry 3. If you have any suggestions then go for it. Can be from any system except PS3/360 since I don’t have a capture card. By extreme difficulty I don’t mean cheesed difficulty like IWBTG or mario hacks.

Also was going to play Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3. Full asshole/renegade mode. Full gay mode in 3.

• Only ones I can think of at the moment are European extreme in MGS 2 and 3 and all those insane ones in DMC.

• By any system does that include the DS? If so, stream the RPG The World Ends With You, and pick only the hardest difficulty for all the fights, as well as manual control for your partner (you might need a touch pad/tablet/etc unless you’re comfortable using a mouse and have something to lock the mouse to the screen).

You basically control both screens at once in the combat system, so it can get quite chaotic if you don’t know what you’re doing, but it is pretty fun, and challenging, and you unlock hard mode after chapter 1/week 1. Playing on harder difficulties basically just rewards you with better/different items when you defeat enemies.

Users

Topics